Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure where to post something like this

tag
Tomatoshadow2
New Contributor

Re: Not sure where to post something like this

@californiaboy935You think the old card notifications, just would stop showing up, that must be so annoying, to keep getting those notifications. Probably, some scammer trying to test charge the card, joke is on them.

Message 11 of 23
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

Its so freaking....So so so freaking annoying. I hate Apple. And they have **bleep**ty customer service people.

@Tomatoshadow2 wrote:

@californiaboy935You think the old card notifications, just would stop showing up, that must be so annoying, to keep getting those notifications. Probably, some scammer trying to test charge the card, joke is on them.

BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50,800 | NFCU MCPlatinum $50,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $10,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6,000 | American Express Cash $2,000 | American Express Blue Business Plus $4,000 | Apple Card Mastercard $5,500 | Discover IT Student $1,000

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@californiaboy935 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Tomatoshadow2 wrote:

As others have stated to you and as Saeren, pointed out a great point, it is very hard for a credit card company or yourself to learn how a card number was obtained. I would not worry too much, just make sure you check your statements every month. To make sure all the charges made are by you. A lot of problems with fradulaent transactions not being caught early, is because people are not checking their statements or monitnoring the purchases made on a card.

No what I was actually pointing out is that it's incredibly unlikely for two cards to be compromised at the same time from two different issuers unless it's someone that you know that did the crime. Since this was done with Apple Card, if it was done with the physical card number, this is all but certain to be the case since the only way to get the actual number on the card is to swipe it. If it was done with virtual card number, it was someone with physical access to the phone and access to the biometrics (think fingerprint taken while you're sleeping). 

I think it would be near impossible unless the postal service messed up and sent your mail to an alternate address. And that person also had information to activate the cards in your name.

My apple card keeps getting used even with the declined card. And I get notifications about it. So stupid, apple is the worst card to have. See below. From websites no one legitimate would run. 

IMG_6114.jpg

What most people don't understand is that cards generally don't need to be activated these days. They still come with stickers but you would be amazed how many will work without calling. Also if they have your phone number, they can spoof as if the call came from your number and then turn around and call the number on the sticker. Most of these automated systems now automatically recognize phone numbers and will just ask for the card number and CVV at that point. In fact I have had some CU cards offer to set me up with a PIN for cash advances without so much as putting in the last four of my social. It's frightening how easy it is to commit fraud with someone's cards and it's not even a crime thats high on the priority list so the companies write it off and issue a new card and the cycle repeats. 

That would be very annoying seeing all those transaction declines. I imagine that GS never really thought of a better way to handle that before they launched the Apple Card. With this being their first credit card, maybe they didn't realize just how common fraud is with them. 

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@californiaboy935 wrote:

Its so freaking....So so so freaking annoying. I hate Apple. And they have **bleep**ty customer service people.

@Tomatoshadow2 wrote:

Well FWIW, it's not actually Apple you're dealing with. Goldman Sachs does all of the backing for the Apple Card and that includes the customer service. 

Message 14 of 23
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@californiaboy935 wrote:

@Tomatoshadow2 wrote:

Well FWIW, it's not actually Apple you're dealing with. Goldman Sachs does all of the backing for the Apple Card and that includes the customer service. 

Apple Card is just their next foray into unqualified lending. Hedging all their bets. Super silly GS. Super silly.

BofA Cash Rewards Visa $50,800 | NFCU MCPlatinum $50,000 | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa $10,000 | American Express Platinum | American Express Blue Cash Preferred $6,000 | American Express Cash $2,000 | American Express Blue Business Plus $4,000 | Apple Card Mastercard $5,500 | Discover IT Student $1,000

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone, let me clarify. I literally just got this account  days ago. I applied on the wallet app and received the card there. No physical card was ever sent. I made one single order for a college placement test  (with the APPLE app card ) and than BAM 💥 problem! Only just one strange (fraud) company showed up with in 3 hrs - I declined that strange charge and Apple is taking care of it. I just thought discover did a better job - almost same the same  story there too. But I was charging and paying immediately- for learning purposes in discover - yes I have stop that behavior now - ha- hope this all   helps to clear things up a bit. 

Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best guess is whatever computer you entered the card numbers on is compromised. That would explain how 2 of your cards were compromised.

Message 17 of 23
californiaboy935
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Best guess is whatever computer you entered the card numbers on is compromised. That would explain how 2 of your cards we're compromised.

I totally agree with this. 

FICO 8 scores 03/2022
EX-680
TU-732
EQ-749
Message 18 of 23
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Best guess is whatever computer you entered the card numbers on is compromised. That would explain how 2 of your cards we're compromised.

^^^This!^^^

Message 19 of 23
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you everyone, let me clarify. I literally just got this account  days ago. I applied on the wallet app and received the card there. No physical card was ever sent. I made one single order for a college placement test  (with the APPLE app card ) and than BAM 💥 problem! Only just one strange (fraud) company showed up with in 3 hrs - I declined that strange charge and Apple is taking care of it. I just thought discover did a better job - almost same the same  story there too. But I was charging and paying immediately- for learning purposes in discover - yes I have stop that behavior now - ha- hope this all   helps to clear things up a bit. 

Was this on a school library machine?  Really easy for someone to plug in a USB keylogger.  Use your own laptop with a VPN.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.