[Now Live] US Bank Altitude Connect - May 10th Release Date

tag
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: US Bank Altitude Connect - May 10th Release Date

@UncleB wrote:

@K-in-Boston wrote:

15 hours in, and we only have a single application (and approval - congrats!) so far?  myFICO, you disappoint me with the new FOTM.  Isn't this the highest SUB offered in ages on a true no-AF (not just waived first year) card that's not an airline or hotel card?  Now I want to app just for spite.

Edit: n/m forgot that this one does have an AF on renewal.  LOL  I really need more coffee.  I was saving any further Socks apps for LATAM or Aeromexico cards, but those appear to have vanished...

Edit 2: That was an empty threat; I already struggle with sideways PenFed Defender (I know the flag is upside down, but the chip goes on the left!) and can't go adding another one.

I know... I'm struggling with the decision myself. Smiley Sad

I really want another Cash+, and if there was a clear path from this card to a Cash+ then I would be more inclined to pull the trigger, but if that's not possible I would close it when the AF comes due since I can't justify $95 on a card with categories I already have on other cards. 

The problem is U.S. Bank is where I "eat" these days (credit-wise), so I don't want to do "anything else" there (if you know what I mean). Smiley Wink

Maybe I just need to get a 'Max Cash' from a regional bank and call it a day, LOL. Smiley Frustrated

What gives me hope about this is that Socks Bank is allowing PC between the Altitude Go and Reserve since the former was released last year, I mean the criteria is different depending on whether you're going up or down but it's possible and has been done. I'm betting that Socks will allow this as well with the Connect card since they're marketing this as a family of cards with that horrible vertical design

Like you I don't see this as a long term holder and to finally be able to get a Cash+ card for the utilities category alone would be nice to have. But at the same time like a close friend and you pointed out the AR is too much of a money maker to potentially mess that up so if I can't PC I'd eat the AF and then close in two years. Don't expect it to get to that point though

.....I hope at least

Message 101 of 129
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I said "bleep it" and hit submit so here we are lol I'll make an approval post later

connectapproval.png

The real surprise aside from the approval is the fact they pulled bleepin' EX and not TU like I expected them to 😐😐😐

@UncleB @kilroy8 @Remedios 

591ebe.jpg

Message 102 of 129
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats!

It's not for me. I'm currently thinking "other options" 

Message 103 of 129
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

Congrats!

It's not for me. I'm currently thinking "other options" 

"other options" 😮👀

Message 104 of 129
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Congrats on a nice haul!

Maybe the masses just needed a little reassurance and you showed the way lol   Cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 105 of 129
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congrats to @simplynoir . Always a little thrill when you hear "yes".

Message 106 of 129
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Congrats on a nice haul!

Maybe the masses just needed a little reassurance and you showed the way lol   Cheers!

What do you mean? 

You think I'm worried about denial? 

Message 107 of 129
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Congrats on a nice haul!

What do you mean? 

Haha  No,  just being a little silly.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 108 of 129
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Congrats on a nice haul!

What do you mean? 

I had to ask, don't wanna look like Resident Chicken. 

I don't care about denials, but I wouldn't use this card at all after the SUB.

Under different circumstances (read *different lender*) that may not necessarily be an issue, but since AR is theirs and it's a cash cow for me,  USB has so many measures in place to weed out churning...and there I am "May I have the SUB only, hold the card" 

They ain't my side chick, they my main squeeze ❤️🧦

Message 109 of 129
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

Congrats on a nice haul!

What do you mean? 

I had to ask, don't wanna look like Resident Chicken. 

I don't care about denials, but I wouldn't use this card at all after the SUB.

Under different circumstances (read *different lender*) that may not necessarily be an issue, but since AR is theirs and it's a cash cow for me,  USB has so many measures in place to weed out churning...and there I am "May I have the SUB only, hold the card" 

They ain't my side chick, they my main squeeze ❤️🧦

I agree with all of this. But I wanted positive affirmation in the form of an approval and your main squeeze 🧦🏦 obliged

Doesn't mean I won't keep looking out for another 😂

Message 110 of 129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.