Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One Macy's card - but two accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

One Macy's card - but two accounts?

Alright, so shopping for the holidays I gave in and got a Macy's credit card. I can't pass up that huge discount they gave! And I didn't know Macy's had a good selection of clothes. Anyways, I applied in the store, and a few days later I got an alert from Credit Secure. I went and checked it out and I had 2 new accounts, "MACYS/DSNB" and "VISA/DSNB". I didn't know that getting the Macy's card meant 2 accounts. I did some research about the shady "VISA/DSNB" account and found this site: http://www.debtconsolidationcare.com/forums/about6592.html

I'm kinda angry because I already have 2 new accounts in the past 2 months, and now I have 2 more and I didn't even know that opening a Macy's card meant TWO new accounts! What do you think I should do? Call and cancel the Visa account?? That might look bad too, opening and closing an account right after. ahh!!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: One Macy's card - but two accounts?

You get the store card and the Visa.  I would expect 2 TLs... but 2 INQs would have had me fuming even though I can logically see why that would happen. 

That's pretty upsetting...I hope it was at least somewhere in the fine print on the app.  I don't think you are the only person ticked off about this. 

If they cannot cancel one of those cards and remove the INQ and TL, I would write to them tell them about how misleading the application was and request that they remove both INQs, close both accounts and delete the TLs as well. 

I don't mean to make it sound that easy... but that's what I would do.

Complain to the BBB.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is pretty messed up-
Message 3 of 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

That is strange. I thought when Macy's upgrades to Visa Account they would use the same as store account thus we would have only one TL. Check with the store and find out. I understand Target does it the same way.Call the store.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is nothing in the online T&C in the app to indicate they would do this.
I would call them and see what is going on.
Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you get approved for the Visa card, Macy's gives you a credit line to shop in store and a seperate credit line to shop on Visa and you get 2 statements. Target just upgrades you to Visa and it's 1 account.
I believe Saks also offers you 2 lines of credit when you get the Saks Mastercard.
Nordstrom is just 1 line even with Visa
Not sure about Dillards with the amex
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I got the card in the mail, and it's only 1 card, but two accounts, a Visa account # and the store account #. I was checkin out my credit report and my credit line for the Visa account is $2,000 but under the Macy's account the credit line is $600. Is it just me or does this makes no sense at all?? I also went to check out my account on the Macy's accounts website and I only see that my Visa CL is $2,000 and can't find anything about having a $600 CL. I'm confused Smiley Sad Anyone else have a Macy's Visa card in the same boat?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!!  For that limit on the store card they could have just put both on the store OR Visa.  I would be peeved too. I think its a way to encourage you to shop in store since that s the only way you can use the card.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.