Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One final attempt with Chase

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

One final attempt with Chase

If this doesn't work, the card will either get sockdrawered or canceled.  

I fired off this email to Mod Cut email (PM me if you want it):

"Dear Mr. Mod Cut  (and his office),

After my initial correspondence, I was set up with a very nice representative at the card services executive office, who politely informed me there is nothing that can be done about the APR.
Plain and simple, while I may not be the heaviest spender, Chase has just lost some business because of the card services division's inability to be of any assistance on this matter.  22.9% cannot be "enjoying the lowest rate available", when new applicants can get rates as low as 11.9%.
Currently, I use 4 other cards with much more reasonable terms.
BankAmericard Cash Rewards:  $5,000/10.99
Discover More:  $2,500/12.99
Citi Dividend:  $6,000/14.24
Amex Blue Cash Everyday:  $2,000/15.24
What is my incentive to use my Chase card?  These cards all offer great rewards like the Freedom.  I admittedly like the Freedom reward structure the best because it is a great system to use as an only card (which I intend to do, use just 1 card, not two (currently BofA and Discover)).  Chase would earn ALL of my spending on ONE Visa card, and I'd likely never carry a balance (I just simply don't want this APR over my head every time I use it, things happen.)
Last year I spent $15,959.35 on my BankAmericard and $1,697 on my Discover More card, not ONCE carrying a balance.  That is ALL business that would be run through my Chase card if I were granted an APR that made me feel a little more comfortable at the register.  
In closing, I'm eager to give Chase business, but it just seems like it isn't wanted.  I've pulled FICO scores (actual FICO scores from Fair Isaac), and my FICO scores range from 720 to 760, with no negative indicators whatsoever on any report.  While the card services office was very polite and helpful, they weren't able to resolve my issue because it appeared as if the "computers" were telling them they couldn't do anything.  I would make this my ONLY daily use credit card, seeing well over at least $10,000 a year in usage, if that one pesky rate was not haunting me at the register.  Without a change in this rate, unfortunately, this card will sit in my desk, used to buy gum once every three months.  I really hope Chase can help me and earn my business.  
I look forward to a resolution and doing business,
smc733"
Thoughts?

My thought is that this is the third time in the last several days I have edited out a personal name and explained publicly that this is not allowed. As per the forum's Terms of Service the posting of Any personal information belonging either to the poster or another person, including, but not limited to, full name, address, phone number, email address, social media accounts (Facebook, Linkedin, etc.); is prohibited.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator
BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: One final attempt with Chase

@smc733 wrote:

If this doesn't work, the card will either get sockdrawered or canceled.  

I fired off this email to Mod Cut email (PM me if you want it):

"Dear Mod Cut  (and his office),

After my initial correspondence, I was set up with a very nice representative at the card services executive office, who politely informed me there is nothing that can be done about the APR.
Plain and simple, while I may not be the heaviest spender, Chase has just lost some business because of the card services division's inability to be of any assistance on this matter.  22.9% cannot be "enjoying the lowest rate available", when new applicants can get rates as low as 11.9%.
Currently, I use 4 other cards with much more reasonable terms.
BankAmericard Cash Rewards:  $5,000/10.99
Discover More:  $2,500/12.99
Citi Dividend:  $6,000/14.24
Amex Blue Cash Everyday:  $2,000/15.24
What is my incentive to use my Chase card?  These cards all offer great rewards like the Freedom.  I admittedly like the Freedom reward structure the best because it is a great system to use as an only card (which I intend to do, use just 1 card, not two (currently BofA and Discover)).  Chase would earn ALL of my spending on ONE Visa card, and I'd likely never carry a balance (I just simply don't want this APR over my head every time I use it, things happen.)
Last year I spent $15,959.35 on my BankAmericard and $1,697 on my Discover More card, not ONCE carrying a balance.  That is ALL business that would be run through my Chase card if I were granted an APR that made me feel a little more comfortable at the register.  
In closing, I'm eager to give Chase business, but it just seems like it isn't wanted.  I've pulled FICO scores (actual FICO scores from Fair Isaac), and my FICO scores range from 720 to 760, with no negative indicators whatsoever on any report.  While the card services office was very polite and helpful, they weren't able to resolve my issue because it appeared as if the "computers" were telling them they couldn't do anything.  I would make this my ONLY daily use credit card, seeing well over at least $10,000 a year in usage, if that one pesky rate was not haunting me at the register.  Without a change in this rate, unfortunately, this card will sit in my desk, used to buy gum once every three months.  I really hope Chase can help me and earn my business.  
I look forward to a resolution and doing business,
smc733"
Thoughts?

It's a good letter, and I wish you luck, but... I've been told by several banks and CUs that the way they make money, and what they want, is OUR interest. So, my concern is that in telling him you've paid no interest in the last year, you're taking away his incentive to keep your business.

Contrary to what some think, they don't rely/count on the bankcard discts that merchants pay as their primary source of income.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 10
smc733
Valued Contributor

Mentioning the CEO of a public company is prohibited?  Hideous.  PM me if you people want details.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 10
smc733
Valued Contributor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPMorgan_Chase

Look here for CEO if you want to see who I emailed.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the executive office already said they're not able to do anything, I don't see how contacting them again is going to really make a difference. I mean, I wish you the best of luck and all, but all you're going to end up doing is getting passed to the same people that weren't able to help you the first time around. It's not like the CEO is going to step up for a personal intervention and make an exception.

I completely agree that it's absurd that automated decisions can't get overridden by people, but you have to see it from the company's point of view. If they allowed all the decisions to be overridden by their reps, people would keep incessantly hounding them until they get what they want. They'd just keep calling and calling and sending letters until the company gives in. Inviting in extra harassment from unhappy customers doesn't make sense from a business perspective.

Then again, who knows! You could get lucky. Some people here seem to have great luck with all their requests, whereas the rest of us can't even get a single recon approved, no matter how persuasively we try to word our pleas.

Message 5 of 10
smc733
Valued Contributor

I'm hoping that someone from his office will recognize that this is a loss of business and try to contact someone other than Card Services exec CS, and maybe someone higher.  Unlikely, but it took 10 minutes to write, worth the shot IMO.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not too sure what's worse, the fact you're complaining about APR to the CEO of Chase or that you have been mod edited two times and still haven't learned your lesson on your third posting about same subject.  I'm not sure what makes you think one of the biggest CEO's in the world has nothing better to do than to meddle around in silly nonsense talk about APR's for a customer that does a puny $10,000 in charges a year, especially one that doesn't pay a dime in interest due to supposidly paying in full.  Also, in my opinion, the moderation staff appears to be very tolerant of you after being edited twice not only letting you still post a third post about same topic, but a third also.  Sure you're going to troll me here too most likely, same way you're trolling about CEO of Chase and moderation staff here, but fact of the matter is you're the troll here in both topics at hand.  Sorry, but something had to be said.

Message 7 of 10
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm not too sure what's worse, the fact you're complaining about APR to the CEO of Chase or that you have been mod edited two times and still haven't learned your lesson on your third posting about same subject.  I'm not sure what makes you think one of the biggest CEO's in the world has nothing better to do than to meddle around in silly nonsense talk about APR's for a customer that does a puny $10,000 in charges a year, especially one that doesn't pay a dime in interest due to supposidly paying in full.  Also, in my opinion, the moderation staff appears to be very tolerant of you after being edited twice not only letting you still post a third post about same topic, but a third also.  Sure you're going to troll me here too most likely, same way you're trolling about CEO of Chase and moderation staff here, but fact of the matter is you're the troll here in both topics at hand.  Sorry, but something had to be said.

You can make your point without all the attitude there.
Personally I say more power to him. Worst they can do is nothing, which is likely what they'll do, but you never know till you try. I just don't see the need for the 'tude about it.
As far as the mods they edited personal info, not the subject of the post. He's perfectly allowed to post about his recon experience, and frankly I'm curious to see how it comes out. If you aren't, no one is going to force you to read the posts.
FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 8 of 10
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Geez oh man, John - are you always such a grouch?

Maybe he didn't re-read old posts to find out there was an edit made to something he wrote.  I don't know about anyone else, but usually after I read something once here, I don't read it again.

I'm the one who told him that since he already wrote to the executive office once, might as well send in a follow-up.  Everyone knows that the CEO is not going to read your mail, but there's a branch of their office that does read mail.  I've spoken on the phone to someone at Capital One's executive office.  It didn't really help, but at least I got to feel like someone other than just a mailroom trash-can department read my mail and considered my request  - they even called me on the phone.

I only mention your grouchiness because I wouldn't want it pointed out if you thought I talked too much.   I don't point it out when it looks like someone else is blather on because I just don't consider it my business, I guess.

Moderator Emeritus

Thread is locked and under review.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.