Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orchard Bank

tag
gtnitright
Regular Contributor

Orchard Bank

So I called to obtain a credit increase and was shut down. The CSR stated they are not giving any increases on this type of card. I asked will they Ever going to be open to give increase and he replied he was unsure. So then i asked about reducing AF and he stated ok I can do that for you. No CLI but happy about them reducing the AF to $19.99
Starting Score : EQ 635. TU 632 EX 635
Goal Score: 700. br >
.Nordstrom $800 Loft/$800 Cap 1/$3900 Amex BCE $9000br >
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

Re: Orchard Bank

@MsPrissy47 wrote:
So I called to obtain a credit increase and was shut down. The CSR stated they are not giving any increases on this type of card. I asked will they Ever going to be open to give increase and he replied he was unsure. So then i asked about reducing AF and he stated ok I can do that for you. No CLI but happy about them reducing the AF to $19.99

Hi, and welcome to Capital One Purgatory where CLI`s are not given, cards are not upgradable, not combinable,  and you are maxed out of accounts with C-1 once you have two open accounts.

At least you got something out of them, I was told in a short summary that of the 4 accounts ( 2 fmr HSBC/Orchard accounts, Capital One Secured, and C-1 Credit Steps cards ) at least 3 would need to closed  in order to apply for a better account ( mind you there is no guarantee of getting it ). Personally, I think  I have outgrown Capital One and will be looking to conduct my business elsewhere when a settlement check I am getting comes in and I pay all of my debt off except for the new car I purchased in April at 1.9% apr. That should jump my scores 15-20 points across the board once all that 0 utilization reports.

BTW - Was that a one time "courtesy" or your new AF going forward?

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 2 of 32
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

I have an orchard card as well... Wait for the transition to finish then contact cap one eo. Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 32
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:
I have an orchard card as well... Wait for the transition to finish then contact cap one eo. Smiley Wink

Nice idea, but my Orchard already was transfered over, and since I already had two other Capital One cards.... They c(w)ouldnt do anything for me. If that one account is the only one the OP has, then they might have a different result.

The only solution Capital One has given me was to cancel my 4 accounts down to either 1 or 0, and then try my luck with being approved on new accounts with them to get better terms. Smiley Frustrated

Cancelling them I will be doing later this summer, but I`ve decided that any new account I open to replace them will not be associated with Capital One and avoid their policies of low limits, and one time only stingy CLI in the first place.

Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 4 of 32
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@MsPrissy47 wrote:

Ms, I have this card since the beginning of building my credit.  I wasn't keen on continuing to pay the AF.  Called, and told them that I've been a good customer and would like the AF waived.  She paused, sent me to her manager, and she agreed to waive the fee.  This happened a few days ago, so the AF waiver has yet to hit the account, despite the fee being reflected in the balance.  Next year though, I may have to do the same when Cap One is servicing the account - at that time I will ask for a permanent waiver from the terms.  And don't bother asking for a CLI, they will not even pull a SP or HP on you.  Seems that HSBC is now Cap One policy.  Lol

Message 5 of 32
Simply827
Established Contributor

I'm a bit hopeful that the OB card will turn into something useful. A couple of people have stated that CSRs told them HSBC cards would be converted to the new Quicksilver card.

I'll try to get my AF waived in August. If they refuse, I'll just close out the account. Unfortunately I'll still be left with 2 Cap 1 accounts, 1 of which I don't want to close since it has no AF.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 6 of 32
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Had 2 of these Capital One cards and an Orchard Bank card that became another Capital One card with the acquisition.  Despite being my oldest account (easily replaced with AmEx backdaing in my case), one of the CO cards never went above a $1,300 limit.  The other never went above $2,500.   The OB never went above $900.  All this despite my having other cards with $25K limits.  Just not worth it to deal with CO any longer IMO.  All three accounts were closed and other card companies are getting my business.  I certainly appreciate the role they played in rebuilding my credit but these cards have ceilings and CO doesn't seem interested in growing these accounts as your credit improves.

Message 7 of 32
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@Simply827 wrote:

I'm a bit hopeful that the OB card will turn into something useful. A couple of people have stated that CSRs told them HSBC cards would be converted to the new Quicksilver card.

It must be on a case by case basis as my new card showed up and it was an exact replica of the standard C-1 MC design of both my Secured and Credit Steps card. Havent gotten anything on my HSBC Discover though.

Message 8 of 32
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

I certainly appreciate the role they played in rebuilding my credit but these cards have ceilings and CO doesn't seem interested in growing these accounts as your credit improves.

This ought to be one of the 10 most important things to know when it comes to credit cards. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 32
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I'd wait until the card is FULLY converted...like, when you get a new card and am able to manage it through Capital One's website as opposed to the old HSBC one.

I have a Household card and that's my plan for it...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.