Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P66 AA (Sort Of)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

P66 AA (Sort Of)

I juste wanted to let everyone know that I had a CLD on my P66 card.  Without warning (I only found out when my CR updated), they cut my CL from $2150 to $1064 (and there goes any hope for a nice round number for total CL).

Now, I think it's been over a year since I used the card (all of the P66 stations around here switched over to another company after that, and I got a Sams MC, which gives a MUCH better discount, with no min), so it's neither unexpected on their part or noticable on my part.

There is some good news, though.  Perhaps because Synch lowered my total exposure, I was able to get a $1800 CLI on another card (meaning I came out ahead, anyway)

Just a data point in case it's of any use.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: P66 AA (Sort Of)

@Anonymous wrote:

I juste wanted to let everyone know that I had a CLD on my P66 card.  Without warning (I only found out when my CR updated), they cut my CL from $2150 to $1064 (and there goes any hope for a nice round number for total CL).

Now, I think it's been over a year since I used the card (all of the P66 stations around here switched over to another company after that, and I got a Sams MC, which gives a MUCH better discount, with no min), so it's neither unexpected on their part or noticable on my part.

There is some good news, though.  Perhaps because Synch lowered my total exposure, I was able to get a $1800 CLI on another card (meaning I came out ahead, anyway)

Well dang... I always hate to hear that somebody has been CLD, but like you say in this case it seems that things have worked out OK after all! 

There was a time a while back when it seemed Synchrony wasn't as particular about cards going unused (or else my limits were already so low a CLD wasn't worth the trouble).  I literally went several years without using my Lowe's and it was fine.  That doesn't seem to be the case anymore, though.

Luckily in my case all four of my Synchrony cards have had some light-to-moderate use the last few months.  I actually thought my Belk was ready for the SD but then I got a Belk Reward $10 certificate (it had been accruing for a while), which requires you to use their card to redeem the reward.  No problem, I had it still in my wallet, and the more I thought about it that actually worked out well since that was the only Synchrony card I had without recent activity anyway.

As always, thanks for sharing!  Smiley Wink

(Side note:  I've read that sometimes when they CLD for non-usage, you can try for a CLI right away; it might be possible to immediately get it back to where it previously was, or perhaps even higher.)

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well dang... I always hate to hear that somebody has been CLD, but like you say in this case it seems that things have worked out OK after all! 

There was a time a while back when it seemed Synchrony wasn't as particular about cards going unused (or else my limits were already so low a CLD wasn't worth the trouble).  I literally went several years without using my Lowe's and it was fine.  That doesn't seem to be the case anymore, though.

Luckily in my case all four of my Synchrony cards have had some light-to-moderate use the last few months.  I actually thought my Belk was ready for the SD but then I got a Belk Reward $10 certificate (it had been accruing for a while), which requires you to use their card to redeem the reward.  No problem, I had it still in my wallet, and the more I thought about it that actually worked out well since that was the only Synchrony card I had without recent activity anyway.

(Side note:  I've read that sometimes when they CLD for non-usage, you can try for a CLI right away; it might be possible to immediately get it back to where it previously was, or perhaps even higher.)

I thought about trying that.  I have just been very cautious about requesting CLIs from Synch (trying to limit one per month, and as I said, I just got another one), although it doesn't always seem to work.  I just dont want to poke the bear. It seems they've gotten over their major AA spree, but there are still stories coming out about people being locked out of their accounts.  Most of my Synch cards I don't really care about, but I have a use for Sams (esp 5% cash back on gas) and Lowes (pricing new windows).  Ironically, to afford new windows (without bumping up against the CL), I do need to get a CLI on the Lowes card.

Message 3 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought about trying that.  I have just been very cautious about requesting CLIs from Synch (trying to limit one per month, and as I said, I just got another one), although it doesn't always seem to work.  I just dont want to poke the bear. It seems they've gotten over their major AA spree, but there are still stories coming out about people being locked out of their accounts.  Most of my Synch cards I don't really care about, but I have a use for Sams (esp 5% cash back on gas) and Lowes (pricing new windows).  Ironically, to afford new windows (without bumping up against the CL), I do need to get a CLI on the Lowes card.

That makes perfect sense... I'm rather protective of my Sam's Club MasterCard as well (I use it for a little over $1k each month in 3% categories alone... and that doesn't even count my monthly gas fill up). 

While I could redo some things (i.e. get the BoA AAA Visa) if something were to go wrong, I've become rather fond of my current arrangement and like you I don't want to do anything to poke the bear, either.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

A cld on a retail card isn't a bad thing like it is on a daily spend visa/mc. Synchrony retail is weird anyway. NOT suggesting this but I bet you could go apply for a Chevron card and get it, and limit higher than they took away.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
A cld on a retail card isn't a bad thing like it is on a daily spend visa/mc. Synchrony retail is weird anyway. NOT suggesting this but I bet you could go apply for a Chevron card and get it, and limit higher than they took away.

Already have a Chevron card.

Cowtown Central here has (had, as the P66 stations all changed over) both P66 and Chevron.  Also, all petrol stations but one have the same pricing (can we say collusion?). As both give discounts (but you have to buy so many gallons to get the discount from P66), I will rarely use the Chevron card, and can't recall the last time I used the P66 card.

(I just checked their website, and it looks like the last activity was a payment on 24 Nov 2015, meaning I probably made my last purchase last October, 14 months ago)

But thanks for the feedback,  It's appreciated.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.