Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED LOVE BUTTON

tag
nathan
Frequent Contributor

PENFED LOVE BUTTON

Has any one tried the love button on cli, and if so was it a hard pull? I see it on my logging page staring at me all the time. I was'nt seeing this before. Does every body see it too?
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: PENFED LOVE BUTTON

I think it appears when they decide that they do indeed love you.

The last time this question came up (last winter, maybe?) I hit it, and they jumped me from $10K to $20.2K. This with an account only 9 or 10 months old, that started Feb 08 at $5K.

I think that I called up and had a CSR hold my hand as I hit the button, but then I'm famous for being a weenie. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 19
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Hey haulingthescoreup, was it a hard?

Message 3 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Nope. I suppose because they offered it. I clicked the button, and it said something like congrats, you're approved for a new CL, do you wish to accept?" (Sorry, I wish I could remember the exact terminology.)

If there isn't an offer there waiting, I would be a bit more cautious, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smiley Very Happy  wow, that last bit of exchange is pretty funny.....if you read it carefully.  sorry Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 19
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote:

Smiley Very Happy  wow, that last bit of exchange is pretty funny.....if you read it carefully.  sorry Smiley Tongue

True of so much in life, isn't it? Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 19
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Goodness, you couldn't soften the blow? I was hoping I had just missed it Smiley Very Happy You are not a weenie, just a meanie Smiley Tongue (you KNOW I am kidding)

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 7 of 19
nathan
Frequent Contributor

Oh yea, I guess what I see is not an invitation per se; it is just one of the options available under my cc page. I tried to click it but, but the process looks more like an online cli request which will result in a hard inq. haulinghtescoreup, I think yours was a cli just sitting there and waiting for you to push the trigger. i was surprised because i never had that option before on the old web page; maybe its just part of the new web page design or upgrade.
Message 8 of 19
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@nathan wrote:
Oh yea, I guess what I see is not an invitation per se; it is just one of the options available under my cc page. I tried to click it but, but the process looks more like an online cli request which will result in a hard inq. haulinghtescoreup, I think yours was a cli just sitting there and waiting for you to push the trigger. i was surprised because i never had that option before on the old web page; maybe its just part of the new web page design or upgrade.

I always thought the love buttons were treated as a soft, it would kind of suck if they hit hard. Hmm..makes you reconsider...at least for me.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 9 of 19
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I tried to push the button, but it required me to check a box accepting a pull, which I presume is a hard because it didn't specify. i immediately canx the application until I get enough evidence that it is a soft. i am not taking any chances on my eq which is already pregnant with a lot of inqs. I hope some forum member will provide that evidence for me.
Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.