cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSECU Question for txjohn!

tag
Established Contributor

Re: PSECU Question for txjohn!

I have faxed signed docs to NFCU and to Discover via their secure fax lines. They then sent me the same docs by mail to resend later. They did accept the faxed docs for approval and did not need to wait for the actual ones to move forward.

However, your explanation makes complete sense to me. Different policies for different lenders.

ETA: Thanks for the informed response!

Message Edited by plasticman on 09-10-2009 04:41 PM
Message 11 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I am in no rush to get this done. I may wait to see what changes come with USAA by the end of the year and I am not excited to destroy my AAoA. The door is now open and that won't change. That said...

Is the membership EX hard pull good for an app or do you get harded again when you app?, and

txjohn, I thought you joined and then got your $10K card in response to a pre-app offer, then upped the ante. Is that true or did I make it up?

Message 12 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Visa/LOC loan docs can be faxed.

Message 13 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

CWCID,

As long as you have the door open. The pull is a hard pull for membership - some CU's have hard and some soft - the one I work for is a soft pull. When you apply - you can notate on your membership that you want a CC as well and they will use the same initial credit pull for the CC. I have only seen one pull and that is it so far. (I pulled experial today).

Message 14 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plasticman,

No problem sir, you are welcome. Discover and other major banks I guess do have secure fax lines but with CU's (except NFCU I guess) do actually make you sign some kind of documentation to keep on file (the paper is scanned and put online on the server anyway so I am thinking fax should be fine) - but who knows!!!

I had to sign docs for the current CU I work for(they only do direct deposit into my acct with them) and I had to follow these guidelines for PSECU, Penfed (awaiting docs) and New Mexico Educators FCU.

Message 15 of 40
wajj
Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

Is the membership EX hard pull good for an app or do you get harded again when you app?, and

Following txjohn's example, I managed to get my eligibility set up and joined.  Got a hard pull on EX for the membership.  Once I finally received my membeship documents (took about 10 days), I applied for a Visa (and was approved for $10K).  That was a second hard pull.  I'm waiting to receive and activate the card before I decide if I want to go for a PSL on top of it -- my EX report is pretty much destroyed (15 INQs, 13 in the last 6 months, and 12 new accounts all under 6 months old).  If they will use the same pull, great.  If not, then we'll see.

Message 16 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wajj wrote:

Following txjohn's example, I managed to get my eligibility set up and joined.  Got a hard pull on EX for the membership.  Once I finally received my membeship documents (took about 10 days), I applied for a Visa (and was approved for $10K).  That was a second hard pull.  I'm waiting to receive and activate the card before I decide if I want to go for a PSL on top of it -- my EX report is pretty much destroyed (15 INQs, 13 in the last 6 months, and 12 new accounts all under 6 months old).  If they will use the same pull, great.  If not, then we'll see.

With that many inq's, what's one more gonna hurt?  LOL.  You might as well get that inq (if you have to take the hit) aging along side the other.  But that's just MO Smiley Happy

The fact that they approved you for $10k with that many inq's and new accounts just goes to support my theory that PSECU is generous and lenient when it comes to credit.

Message 17 of 40
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

@wajj wrote:

What are your EFX and TU scores like? Do they have a lot fewer inquiries than EXP? I'm just wondering to get an idea of what your EXP score may be like, with the new accounts and inquiries.

And I agree - one more inquiry won't hurt at this point...at least they'll all fall off around the same time! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 18 of 40
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wajj wrote:

With that many inq's, what's one more gonna hurt?  LOL.  You might as well get that inq (if you have to take the hit) aging along side the other.  But that's just MO Smiley Happy

The fact that they approved you for $10k with that many inq's and new accounts just goes to support my theory that PSECU is generous and lenient when it comes to credit.

I would agree.

txjohn - Did you see my question regarding whether you had received a post membership pre-app from them for a CC? I though you had, or maybe there is too much floride in the water down here. Also, how many hard INQ's have you gotten from them and when? I am trying to manage my EX INQ's carefully - they are low enough that it does matter. (3 showing, 1 counts)

wajj - What was your EX FICO at the time of your CC app?

Message 19 of 40
wndrwmn78
Frequent Contributor

Also, does PSECU do a ChexSystems check? I looked at my report before applying for Alliant and it's all clear, but I was thinking of adding DH on to the account, and was wondering if I should wait for him to get his report before applying...his should be clear but you never know. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Current Score: 670 EQ and 674 TU
Goal Score: 750 both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 20 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.