cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Smart Connect - Anyone have a list where it can be used?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Smart Connect - Anyone have a list where it can be used?

I was recently approved for this in lieu of the MC, and I have no idea where it can be used. They sent an email saying to click on the link to see a list of stores that accept it, both online and brick and mortar, but the link doesn't work and I can't find the information anywhere. And I can't get a PP debit card right now because of my physical address not being verified, I can't get mail at my physical address (benefit of living in the boonies), and apparently they won't send it to a po box. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Re: Paypal Smart Connect - Anyone have a list where it can be used?

You link it to your pay pal account to be used as your funding source instead of your bank account, I believe you can make it the default. Also you should apply for their paypal debit card and then link that to your pay pal account as well to be funded with your smart connect, and you have basically a credit card you can use wherever mastercard is accepted.

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a list, but I recommend getting a free PayPal debit card with 1% cashback & setting up SmartConnect to be the backup funding. That way you can use it anywhere MasterCard is accepted.

(edit: 

Message 3 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

You can use your PayPal smartconnect at any online merchant accepting PayPal.

Ron.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem is that I cannot get a debit card. They can't verify my physical address because I don't get mail there, and they said their verification nor their debit card will get forwarded to my po box. They won't just send it to the po box either. I asked if there were any other options and they said no, I'm out of luck. Is this account useless without the card? Because the email they sent me said it could be used in certain stores, but I had to click the link for the list and the link didn't work (just takes me to the paypal summary page). 

Message 5 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

No, you can use smartconnect to purchase online at eBay or online merchants accepting PayPal.

Ron.

Message 6 of 14
Ron1
Super Contributor

Here is the list you might be looking for:

https://www.paypal.com/deals/offers

https://www.paypal.com/deals/stores

Ron.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are able to get a mailbox with a physical street address (i.e., UPS Store, Mailboxes Etc) instead if a PO Box, that should work for their mailing purpose requirements.

Sorry for the blank post above but am on mobile heading to a meeting.
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The rep I spoke to said they are tightening up their security process and that they will verify the address, which means if it's a UPS store, or otherwise, they will not consider it verified and therefore, he said it would not work. The post office offers a service that allows you to use the post office physical address and your box number, but he said that would not be allowed either. Trust me, I asked every option I could think of, but he shut me down, and that is frustrating! If I can verify my identity, why can't they send me a card to my mailing address? It really should be an easy process, but they insist that if they can't send it to the physical address then I can't get one. I actually had something similar happen with our bank, and they were able to change the address to my mailing address. The last credit card I got, I had to wait 10 days until I could change the card, or they said it would be flagged as fraud in the computer. I live out in the boonies and the mail doesn't deliver out here. They give us a free po box because they don't service our road. If a credit or debit card goes to our physical address, it gets returned because they don't allow it to be forwarded (even though the same post office handles both our physical and our mailing address, and it's very small, but they say it's against federal regulation to give it to me if it says it's not to be forwarded).

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ron, thanks for the lists, but not all of them accept Paypal Smart Connect. Same with Ebay - not every person who accepts Paypal will accept Paypal Smart Connect.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.