cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Balance Transfers: How long Will It Take?

tag
Borealis
Regular Contributor

PenFed Balance Transfers: How long Will It Take?

I am new to both PenFed and Balance Transfers. I just got my new Gold card in the mail and decided to try out a modest but not insignificant BT from Disco. The email I received about my "request" said it could take up to 30 days. Is this accurate, does it really take that long?

March 2021- FICO8: EXP 549 / TU 571
November 2023 - FICO8: EXP 794 / TU 795 / EQ 836

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

Re: PenFed Balance Transfers: How long Will It Take?

@Borealis 

I recently did a balance transfer with Penfed and although it does say it could take 30 days...My transfer was done in 5 days..

Message 2 of 15
Borealis
Regular Contributor

@gingerflower Thank you so much!

March 2021- FICO8: EXP 549 / TU 571
November 2023 - FICO8: EXP 794 / TU 795 / EQ 836

Message 3 of 15
AMJ50
Contributor

Mine took a couple of weeks

Message 4 of 15
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Mine took I believe about 7 business days.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 5 of 15
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

For BTs it depends on the lender. Usually it's an ACH transfer so it takes less than a week, but if someone still sends a paper check, it can take longer. 

Message 6 of 15
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Borealis wrote:

I am new to both PenFed and Balance Transfers. I just got my new Gold card in the mail and decided to try out a modest but not insignificant BT from Disco. The email I received about my "request" said it could take up to 30 days. Is this accurate, does it really take that long?

No, PenFed is pretty fast. With Discover on the other end, I predict it will be a week or even less.

Total revolving limits 586200 (521k reporting) FICO 8: EQ 707 TU 714 EX 718

Message 7 of 15
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@Borealis wrote:

I just did 3 balance transfers tuesday to penfed pcr. two for about 500 each high interest, i made the transfer on tuesday and by wednesday afternoon it was complete on those 2 cards. the 3rd card i transferred wasnt on their list of banks and it was for 1300, its still pending.

When you do a bt to penfed its a pain in the rear if the other bank is not in their list. you have to page through a list of banks about 6 at a time 40 pages long. if your bank is not in the list then at the last page it gives the option to enter the info.

I got a bt offer from penfed zero pct for 12 mos, 3 pct fee. a no brainer when the 3 cards had int rates from 27-30 pct

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos ,most are slightly above 700, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's

TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 8 of 15
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

@Borealis 

You are welcome!

Message 9 of 15
gingerflower
Senior Contributor

@AMJ50 

It depends whether the payment transfer is Electronic or a check. 

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.