Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Info???

tag
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

PenFed Info???

Can any of you PenFed animals give me the basics on their accounts and HP/SP???

Im a new member with just a savings account for right now. Is the checking a HP??? If so, is that pull good for 90 days (Thats what's I'm hearing/seen)

22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PenFed Info???

I am by no means a pro - just joined up a few weeks ago. For my savings account, Access America checking account, and PCR card, I received a total of one HP on EQ, based on FICO9, and coded with the bureaus as a mortgage inquiry (someone here told me there are odd HP codes sometimes with CUs). That was it though, just one pull and I have all three of those accounts. 

Message 2 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Check out the Penfed thread in applications board for more Penfed info. 

Message 3 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Dmessina666 wrote:

Can any of you PenFed animals give me the basics on their accounts and HP/SP???

Im a new member with just a savings account for right now. Is the checking a HP??? If so, is that pull good for 90 days (Thats what's I'm hearing/seen)

In todays Penfed i would not expect a hp to cover 90 days.  Its just not realistic and Penfed has been known to multi hp for various  credit/ checking products.

Message 4 of 23
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

Thanks....I was gonna open a checking to go with the savings, and wait about 6/12 months on pulling the trigger on a card. I wanted to see if it was a definite SP on checking. I'll check out the other thread in apps. 

Message 5 of 23
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@Dmessina666 wrote:

Thanks....I was gonna open a checking to go with the savings, and wait about 6/12 months on pulling the trigger on a card. I wanted to see if it was a definite SP on checking. I'll check out the other thread in apps. 

I joined earlier this year in April or May. Can't remember exactly. No hard pull for membership, but was only given a savings account. After about a month of membership, they automatically opened a checking for me. I had to call to request a debit card though. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 6 of 23
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

They opened a checking for you without even telling you??? I didn't get a HP for the savings, luckily, and I'm waiting another 12 months or so to apply. Good time to get my foot in and get established for a year before pulling the trigger. Thanks 

Message 7 of 23
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Dmessina666 wrote:

They opened a checking for you without even telling you??? I didn't get a HP for the savings, luckily, and I'm waiting another 12 months or so to apply. Good time to get my foot in and get established for a year before pulling the trigger. Thanks 

This has been one heck of a year. Last year Penfed was extremely conservative. It seems since they recently acquired another credit union they have expanded membership and have eased the strangle on giving credit. If there is any time to try for their cc its now lol. Most people who have been around here know my PF journey and lets just say hell has frozen over this week for me Smiley Wink. We dont know what tomorrow will bring so if you feel a card is worth it now might be a good time to try with PF before they restrict againSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 23
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Dmessina666 wrote:

This has been one heck of a year. Last year Penfed was extremely conservative. It seems since they recently acquired another credit union they have expanded membership and have eased the strangle on giving credit. If there is any time to try for their cc its now lol. Most people who have been around here know my PF journey and lets just say hell has frozen over this week for me Smiley Wink. We dont know what tomorrow will bring so if you feel a card is worth it now might be a good time to try with PF before they restrict againSmiley Wink

If only my EQ scores were up to par. Smiley Sad I'd love to try while they're more lenient, but even with their relaxed UW, I know my sub-600 score with a couple of unpaid and several paid COs will scare them off. Smiley LOL

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9  You know they pull EQ9 right? That may make a big difference for you. My EQ8 is upper 600s but my EQ9 is 772. Your 9 might be considerably higher than your 8 and may get you in.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.