Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Pathfinder Travel Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Pathfinder Travel Credit

I recently purchased a plane ticket from Alaska Airlines. 7 days later, PenFed gave me travel credit. I thought the $100 credit only applies to incidental airline fees? Really hoping to use it for on-board food, but it's really appreciated.

$56.60 plane ticket

$50 credit applied

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PenFed Pathfinder Travel Credit

With that cheap of ticket usually less < 100 it will trip most travel credits regardless of CC.  Suppose to be used for othr stuff than tickets, bit low prime tickets usually trip them as well

Message 2 of 20
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

Hey guys, did anyone try the travel credit for the new years since the card is updating?
Message 3 of 20
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
Hey guys, did anyone try the travel credit for the new years since the card is updating?

Wondering the same. I'm also really curious to know about the "exciting" update (nerf basically) so I can figure out what to do with this card. 

I don't have much faith that it'll be a positive change, so most likely, I'm gonna have to apply for the PCR and move the limit to it.

Message 4 of 20
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:

Not since jan01 2020 .. I barely got my 2019 TCredit used in time (mid December for American Airlines baggage) ...and it was suprisingly credited within days, well before account statement.

BTW:  Swiped the card heavy in Mexico for vacation needs.  Much more than any other card.  Worked great, no issues, fair currency conversaion and accepted many more places than expected.    Only two times didn't swipe   1.)Used CSP for car rental  2.) one merchant (of many dozen) didn't accept Amex.    Many dozen Mexico swipes over two weeks went on this card, Love it!!

||
Message 5 of 20
TheBoondocks
Established Contributor

That's really good to hear but I wonder why, you don't use your Sapphire preferred or your annual fee cards cause it doesn't have foreign transaction fee. But when you swipe it, what does it code it as?
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchased $100 Uber gift card through mpx app on 1/1 and haven’t received a credit. Will update if there’s any goods news.
Message 7 of 20
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

I just got the travel credit after using the card to pay for award fees. What’s interesting is that they gave me the full credit even though I paid 11.20.
Message 8 of 20
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:
I just got the travel credit after using the card to pay for award fees. What’s interesting is that they gave me the full credit even though I paid 11.20.

When did you make the purchase?

They gave you the full $100 after spending $11.20 only? 😱

Message 9 of 20
MachoHombre
Regular Contributor

@TheBoondocks wrote:
That's really good to hear but I wonder why, you don't use your Sapphire preferred or your annual fee cards cause it doesn't have foreign transaction fee. But when you swipe it, what does it code it as?

Maybe I'm not understanding your question, but the Pathfinder card does not have foreign transaction fees and rewards code the same (mostly) as in the USA.   I'm I not understanding your question?

||
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.