cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed....Almost hit the submit button....

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Penfed....Almost hit the submit button....

PenFed is a tough one as far as lenders come.

LAst year I joined and was declined even after recon for the cashback card The next day USAA gave me their AMEX with a $4k CL instant approval

Even 9 months later, I dont dare app for anything with them. I have enough cards in my portfolio. But their car loans and refi's are good.

Message 21 of 26
greeneman21
Contributor

I decided to close my Penfed account and withdraw my app, even with seemingly $5,500 approval in hand.  I felt more reckless than happy after I app'd for it. It is a very nice card, but I think my portfolio is good as it is. I had 8 Equifax inquiries, all within the last 60 days, so I'm not sure their too inquiry sensitive. I'm headed to the garden and staying there Smiley Happy

Wallet: NFCU CashRewards 35k-- USAA AMEX 28k-- USAA World MC 22k-- Discover IT 17.5k--Chase Freedom 23.5k-- NFCU NavCheck 15k
Message 22 of 26
wreith
Frequent Contributor

I just checked my status, I was turned down.  That wasn't totally unexpected since they are a pretty conservative lender.  I have quite a few inquiries and a recent collection that should be removed in august via dispute.  I may try a recon on Wed, I don't know yet.  Do they have a backdoor recon number?  I just figured since I already blew a HP with my joining PenFed.  It was a nice dream for the 6500 though LOL.

01/06/2015 Walmart TU 726
01/06/2015MyFico EQ 705
01/10/2014 USAA FAKO EX 728, EQ 728, TU 728
Discover It $1700, USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $11K, USAA Rewards Platinum MC $12K, CareCredit $13.2K, Chase Freedom $5000, Walmart $4500, Lowes $9800, QVC $1200, HSN $2350, Macys Red Star Store $2900, Paypal smart connect $4022, VS Angelcard $1200, Amazon Store $2500, BCE $4K, Sam's Club Discover $8500, Home Depot $7200, FNBO AMEX $7800
Message 23 of 26
PleasantlySurprised
New Contributor

USAA World MasterCard $10K | USAA AmEx $9.5K | USAA Platinum Visa $8K | NFCU Cash Rewards Visa Signature $13K | NFCU Platinum MasterCard $1K | Citi Diamond Preferred MasterCard $10K | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $5K | Bank Americard Cash Rewards Visa Signature $5K | Discover IT $4.5K | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa $3K | Capital One Platinum Visa $1K | First Premier Bank MasterCard $450 | Victoria’s Secret $1K
Message 24 of 26
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I'm interested in this gold bar.. lol Where is it?
Message 25 of 26
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:
I'm interested in this gold bar.. lol Where is it?

I think it only appears if they have an offer or offers for you.  Not everyone gets it.  Even if you don't have it, you may still be approved if you apply though.  I was approved and I've never seen the gold bar.

Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.