Did you mean: 

Places where Discover is not Accepted

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Places where Discover is not Accepted

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I occasionally shop at Aldis. They do not accept Discover, Visa, MasterCard or Amex either. Talk about weird. They do take branded debit cards however. Their food is. Cheap enough that I can live without the cash back spending.

Is this the place that you have to pay for bags for your groceries and rent a cart to use while you shop? I think I read an article about their business model when I was in college. 

Yes.

It's a great place to use a Discover debit and have them swipe once per item Smiley Wink

Message 41 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the place! Supposedly they do this to cut costs and pass the savings on to the customers. Seems to be some truth to this. Also their employees do alright for a grocery store anyway.
Message 42 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I occasionally shop at Aldis. They do not accept Discover, Visa, MasterCard or Amex either. Talk about weird. They do take branded debit cards however. Their food is. Cheap enough that I can live without the cash back spending.

Is this the place that you have to pay for bags for your groceries and rent a cart to use while you shop? I think I read an article about their business model when I was in college. 

Yes.

It's a great place to use a Discover debit and have them swipe once per item Smiley Wink

Haha, good plan! Sounds like the Spirit Airlines of the grocery sector...

Message 43 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes.

Haha, good plan! Sounds like the Spirit Airlines of the grocery sector...

Hey, At 10 cents a bottle and 10 cents a can. It's better than a coke bottle deposit scam. Smiley Very Happy

Message 44 of 58
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

aldi's has some of the best burger in the world

you know the kind that let's 3/4 of its weight out in grease and simmers in the goodness...

Message 45 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggalo9er wrote:

you know the kind that let's 3/4 of its weight out in grease and simmers in the goodness...

@Wouldn't know. I buy ground beef for burgers @ Sam's. $3.19/lb for 90/10.

Message 46 of 58
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

just once (not twice for sake of a heart attack) try the 70/30

Message 47 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

just once (not twice for sake of a heart attack) try the 70/30

@I have. Not really my cuppa tea. Worse though is that putrid, almost pink 62/38 mix they were selling @ WM for some time.

Message 48 of 58
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, now I want a burger and it's only 10am.

Message 49 of 58
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I earn a decent income and do some of my shopping at Aldi, some of their stuff is really good.. You'd be amazed at the cars you see in their parking lot some days, in Dallas anyway. Brand new Porsche, BMW, Audi etc. Everywhere charges for bags here now in Dallas anyway.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 50 of 58
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.