cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plastiq 1.5% fee for June (up to 3 one-time payments)

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Plastiq 1.5% fee for June (up to 3 one-time payments)

Not sure if this was targeted or if everyone may have received the same offer.

Plastiq Offer.jpg

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Plastiq 1.5% fee for June (up to 3 one-time payments)

Thanks for the heads up!  Definitely not a targeted offer; I did not receive any notice of this offer, but clearly it is only a 1.5% fee as seen in my attached image.

I'll definitely be throwing a mortgage payment or two through Plastiq between now and the end of June.plastiq.jpg

Message 2 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Yup, you bet.  I wasn't sure if it was a public offer or targeted so I figured I'd post about it.  It's definitely a pretty good deal for payments up to $10K.  Maybe @Revelate can take advantage of this offer this time? Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for posting this! 

Message 4 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hrm, thanks for the post but when I tried to schedule a 2K payment it showed up as $50 fee... which is 2.5% still so no love for me =/.

Arbitrage play would've been $50 in my pocket if I leveraged the full 10k, no real reason not to at that point.

        
Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very odd Rev.

Interesting note, though.  Last night after seeing this thread I made a mortgage payment through Plastiq, my first payment through them in months.  1.5% fee as shown in the image in my previous post.  A few hours after making the payment, I received an email with the targeted offer pictured in the original post of this thread. 

FinStar, out of curiousity did you receive that email following a Plastiq payment as I did? 

Also, why are they sending out a targeted email offer for "June" half way into the month?  That seems a bit silly; one would think it would have gone out the last week in May.

Message 6 of 27
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

I'd like to get in on this. What does Plastiq code as to maximize the return. 

Message 7 of 27
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Caardvark wrote:

I'd like to get in on this. What does Plastiq code as to maximize the return. 

It depends on what you're paying, my mortgage payment codes as 'accomodations', as in lodging.

DoC says it's targeted, I usually get the targeted promo emails but nothing yet, and when I tried a test payment it showed a 2.5% fee. Smiley Frustrated

Hope I get the promo email, I have 2 payments I want to make on Amex BCP. It's during my upgrade SUB, but if Amex questions them they're legit bills from 2 companies that don't take Amex.

Message 8 of 27
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

Quick question what is the benefit of using this service? 

Message 9 of 27
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

Quick question what is the benefit of using this service? 

To pay things you normally can't pay with a credit cards, like mortgage/rent, but also things that don't take CCs, like the yard guy or car mechanic.

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.