Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help ... need advice asap

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help ... need advice asap

So long story short I set to my td bank account to pay 2 of my cap 1 cards 3 weeks ago. All of a sudden I get an email saying the payments were returned. So I basically called cap 1 and was told that the error code that came up even though my banking info was right was non transaction account. Basically my bank screwed up when coding my account for bill pay. Then once my bank finally fixed the issue I all of a sudden notice both accounts are restricted and then I call and they tell me they are closing my accounts. I was pissed at first they wouldn't help me then I mentioned the bbb and everything changed I was then connected to someone who said due to this not being my fault they will review it to see if my accounts can be reopened etc.I've yet to get a call and I'm freaking out ive been trying to build my credit for over a year ant help would be appreciated. I really am so confused when I did nothing wrong no late payments no nothing. I'm pissed sorry.
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help ... need advice asap

@Anonymous wrote:
So long story short I set to my td bank account to pay 2 of my cap 1 cards 3 weeks ago. All of a sudden I get an email saying the payments were returned. So I basically called cap 1 and was told that the error code that came up even though my banking info was right was non transaction account. Basically my bank screwed up when coding my account for bill pay. Then once my bank finally fixed the issue I all of a sudden notice both accounts are restricted and then I call and they tell me they are closing my accounts. I was pissed at first they wouldn't help me then I mentioned the bbb and everything changed I was then connected to someone who said due to this not being my fault they will review it to see if my accounts can be reopened etc.I've yet to get a call and I'm freaking out ive been trying to build my credit for over a year ant help would be appreciated. I really am so confused when I did nothing wrong no late payments no nothing. I'm pissed sorry.

First thing: breathe and be rational. Panic mode doesn't help anybody.

Feel better now?

Make sure you get direct numbers to the depts you speak with. Hopefully they didn't pull the plug quite yet. If they did, call the EO (The number is somewhere around here).

Sounds like somebody at TD screwed up. In the future, add the checking account to your Cap1 account and pay that way. Most banks prefer such, and there are fewer things to go wrong.

Best of luck.

Message 2 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I would contact the Capital One EO as well... this is the sort of thing they are really intended for.

You can't call them directly, and the most efficient way to reach them is to send an email... they generally reply to your email message with a phone call. 

We're not permitted to put contact info into our posts, but I can lead you to where you'll find the email address:

Cap 1 EO E-mail Contact Info

This link can also be located in the sticky thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Good luck, and let us know how it goes. 

Message 3 of 7
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I would call TD back and at the same time open the BBB website and if they hadn't made a decision about their own error, I would fill out the complaint.

Sometimes some people say something simply to get you off the phone and hope you will ignore what they don't do.  Other times it is simply best to attempt to make sure things go in your favor, no matter what.

People who have done nothing wrong, don't deserve to get treated wrongly.

How they could code a checking account incorrectly is beyond me.  After all, it is a checking account.  That mere fact alone should have been enough to think it would be used like a checking account.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP -- Any updates?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! Yes thanks for all the info so far. So basically I write an email but also filled out a bbb complain last week after no one was willing to help. So basically as it stands I recieved a call from their EO office abs the woman basically was asking if I could get a letter from my bank basically proving that it was due to a non transactional coding error even though that's the code they got and while they still had the same banking information and after the bank fixed it the payments were then posted. So I basically told her I'd try but realistically she could not promise me anything she said. So at this point I apparently need to get this paperwork together I mean really will my bank even give me a letter like that?
Message 6 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello! Yes thanks for all the info so far. So basically I write an email but also filled out a bbb complain last week after no one was willing to help. So basically as it stands I recieved a call from their EO office abs the woman basically was asking if I could get a letter from my bank basically proving that it was due to a non transactional coding error even though that's the code they got and while they still had the same banking information and after the bank fixed it the payments were then posted. So I basically told her I'd try but realistically she could not promise me anything she said. So at this point I apparently need to get this paperwork together I mean really will my bank even give me a letter like that?

FWIW, one time many years ago I had a transaction returned due to a bank error (they left a zero off my deposit).  The bank fell over themselves to make it right, including sending me a letter of apology.  Due to the error I had a check bounce that was for a loan payment; they also sent the other bank a letter explaining their error and offering to cover any fees (they sent me a copy of this letter as well).  While I was annoyed, in the end I felt OK with how the situation turned out.

TL;DR... if it's a bona-fied bank error getting proof shouldn't be a problem.  Good luck, and let us know how it goes!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.