Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predicting FNBO closing dates

tag
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

Predicting FNBO closing dates

Has anyone figured out how to predict the closing date on their FNBO cards?

My NFCU card is easy, because the closing date is the same day every month. And the closing date of my Capital One card is always a fixed number of days away from my due date, so the day varies by the number of days in the month.

But so far, I can't figure out when my Evergreen will close. Every month it appears to close randomly, within a range of 4 days.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

Re: Predicting FNBO closing dates

Insert joke about them randomly doing things here.

Seriously though it sounds like they must do the same thing Citi does, which is almost impossible to predict with a calendar.  If so, I think I've figured out how it works, and there's not a way to really predict it automatically, it has to be manually done each time (or just use it assuming the first day of the range could always be it.)  Assuming it's the same, what Citi seems to do is, it's a set 30 days from statement to statement, however, if 30 days lands on a Saturday, Sunday, or bank Holiday, they adjust the days where a Sunday becomes Monday, a Saturday becomes Friday, a Holiday depends on if the holiday would then move it to a weekend.  So if 30 days lands mid-week with no holiday, it's 30 days, otherwise it starts meandering, always within that 4 day window. I don't know how they handle Feb though, since i started in March-April.

It's possible they're doing something else, but the pattern sounds like they probably use the same method.

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Share your quandary!

This month they said the date all month and then closed it one day later. The date seems to vary up to three or four days and I sure am not able to map a path? ...Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to predict the closing date on their FNBO cards?

My NFCU card is easy, because the closing date is the same day every month. And the closing date of my Capital One card is always a fixed number of days away from my due date, so the day varies by the number of days in the month.

But so far, I can't figure out when my Evergreen will close. Every month it appears to close randomly, within a range of 4 days.

The same phenomenon occurs on my FNBO business credit card. The range has even reached 5 days. I haven't paid much attention to it, but your post inspired me to examine the closing dates, weekends, etc. In my opinion it's not predictable.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 28
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Share your quandary!

This month they said the date all month and then closed it one day later. The date seems to vary up to three or four days and I sure am not able to map a path? ...Smiley Sad

Now that definitely does differ!  I haven't seen that type of thing with Citi, it always closes the date it says it will close all month.  Closing a different date than the one it says it will close sounds like trouble if not micromanaging.

Message 5 of 28
FormerCollegeDJ
Frequent Contributor

FWIW, literally yesterday morning (Tuesday 11/22) I called FNBO to adjust the due date/statement closing date on my Amtrak Guest Rewards MC account the bank recently acquired from Bank of America.  (I like to have all of my cards have the same or very similar closing dates so I can track spending on a month to month basis more easily.)  I asked not only about the due date but also the statement closing date, and the FNBO representative told me the dates.  I then asked the rep to change the statement closing date to either the 27th or 28th of the month (which with two slightly different exclusions are the closing dates for all of my credit cards).  The rep was able to change the statement closing date and by association the payment due date to one of the two dates I requested.

Playing the credit card rewards game since early May 2020.

Current credit cards:
American Express: Hilton Honors
Bank of America: Customized Cash Rewards Visa
Capital One: SavorOne MC
Chase: Amazon Visa, Freedom Unlimited Visa, Freedom Flex MC
Citi: Sears/ThankYou Rewards MC, My Best Buy Visa, Custom Cash MC
Comenity: AAA Travel Advantage Visa
Discover: Cash It
Elan: S&T Bank Max Cash Preferred Visa
FNBO: Amtrak Guest Rewards Platinum MC
PSECU: Founder's Visa
U.S. Bank: Cash+ Visa
Wells Fargo: Autograph Visa
Store cards: Kohl's

Next target credit cards: Wells Fargo Bilt Mastercard (probably), Truist Enjoy Travel Visa (maybe)
Message 6 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@uncredited wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Share your quandary!

Now that definitely does differ!  I haven't seen that type of thing with Citi, it always closes the date it says it will close all month.  Closing a different date than the one it says it will close sounds like trouble if not micromanaging.

Citibank statements tell you what the closing date will be; FNBO's do not.

Message 7 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@FormerCollegeDJ wrote:

FWIW, literally yesterday morning (Tuesday 11/22) I called FNBO to adjust the due date/statement closing date on my Amtrak Guest Rewards MC account the bank recently acquired from Bank of America.  (I like to have all of my cards have the same or very similar closing dates so I can track spending on a month to month basis more easily.)  I asked not only about the due date but also the statement closing date, and the FNBO representative told me the dates.  I then asked the rep to change the statement closing date to either the 27th or 28th of the month (which with two slightly different exclusions are the closing dates for all of my credit cards).  The rep was able to change the statement closing date and by association the payment due date to one of the two dates I requested.

I seriously doubt that the closing date will now be the same each month. But we shall see.

Message 8 of 28
MySunrise271
Established Contributor

I can see my FNBO closing statement date under 'Account Details' and it's the same every month with only a day  or two variance if the month is shorter.

Message 9 of 28
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@uncredited wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Share your quandary!

Citibank statements tell you what the closing date will be; FNBO's do not.

Perhaps I musunderstood @Anonymous , then, it sounded like the account said the closing date, but it actually closed a day later?

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.