Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Predicting FNBO closing dates

tag
mau471
Contributor

Re: Predicting FNBO closing dates

@MySunrise271 wrote:

I can see my FNBO closing statement date under 'Account Details' and it's the same every month with only a day  or two variance if the month is shorter.

Same for me, since my account was opened its always been the 14th or 15th, unless they fall on a weekend and then it goes to the next Monday. 

Message 11 of 28
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Have two years of numbers for 18 credit cards.

Banks, CU's, and a small number of duplicate cards.

Due date and when statements post

Average 1st posting is 3 days

Average long posting is 6 days

Average spread of number of days between posting is 3

Two have posted same day for more than a year.

With the next only one day off

Top 3:

First City CU  

Bank Of West

Discover

Bottom Card

FNBO - 4 day window

Have due date late in month

* My daughter has a young FNBO and it has been within 3 days

Her due is 1st and it reports 3-5 every month !

14 out of 18 of my cards have a 3 day spread. 

* Edit * (My cards, both daughters, and wife's, I am at 6)

We are talking 1 day longer.   Smiley LOL

Message 12 of 28
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymalous 

@Anonymalous wrote:

Has anyone figured out how to predict the closing date on their FNBO cards?

My NFCU card is easy, because the closing date is the same day every month. And the closing date of my Capital One card is always a fixed number of days away from my due date, so the day varies by the number of days in the month.

But so far, I can't figure out when my Evergreen will close. Every month it appears to close randomly, within a range of 4 days.

As a few others have posted, the next statement closing date is available on the FNBO website in your account.  When I am viewing my account page, about midway down is a link "+ SHOW DETAIL" (I think, or Show more detail).  When you click on that, it expands a section containing more account information for current month.  There it lists the next statement closing date.  This information section updates to next month's info immediately after statement is cut.

No need to predict.

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 13 of 28
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@Who_wuda_thought wrote:

@Anonymalous 

@Anonymalous wrote:

My NFCU card is easy, because the closing date is the same day every month. And the closing date of my Capital One card is always a fixed number of days away from my due date, so the day varies by the number of days in the month.

But so far, I can't figure out when my Evergreen will close. Every month it appears to close randomly, within a range of 4 days.

As a few others have posted, the next statement closing date is available on the FNBO website in your account.  When I am viewing my account page, about midway down is a link "+ SHOW DETAIL" (I think, or Show more detail).  When you click on that, it expands a section containing more account information for current month.  There it lists the next statement closing date.  This information section updates to next month's info immediately after statement is cut.

No need to predict.

Thanks for the explanation, I found it! For those who are interested, click on the card name, click on "+Show More Detail" (below rewards), and in the section that expands there's a "Next Statement Closing Date".

I'd still like to know the pattern, because that way I could create an automatic alert. But for months when it's important (like this month, where I got caught with a balance), this could be useful... if it's accurate. Which if I'm interpreting @Anonymous's post correctly, it may not be.

Message 14 of 28
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@uncredited wrote:

Insert joke about them randomly doing things here.

Seriously though it sounds like they must do the same thing Citi does, which is almost impossible to predict with a calendar.  If so, I think I've figured out how it works, and there's not a way to really predict it automatically, it has to be manually done each time (or just use it assuming the first day of the range could always be it.)  Assuming it's the same, what Citi seems to do is, it's a set 30 days from statement to statement, however, if 30 days lands on a Saturday, Sunday, or bank Holiday, they adjust the days where a Sunday becomes Monday, a Saturday becomes Friday, a Holiday depends on if the holiday would then move it to a weekend.  So if 30 days lands mid-week with no holiday, it's 30 days, otherwise it starts meandering, always within that 4 day window. I don't know how they handle Feb though, since i started in March-April.

It's possible they're doing something else, but the pattern sounds like they probably use the same method.

Interesting deduction, though it doesn't look like FNBO follows that pattern. I just checked, and there have been between 28 and 33 days between closing dates. And I've only had the card for 9 months, so someone like @SouthJamaica may see an even larger variance.

Message 15 of 28
Anonymalous
Valued Contributor

@mau471 wrote:

@MySunrise271 wrote:

I can see my FNBO closing statement date under 'Account Details' and it's the same every month with only a day  or two variance if the month is shorter.

Same for me, since my account was opened its always been the 14th or 15th, unless they fall on a weekend and then it goes to the next Monday. 

That's a distinctly different pattern than I and a couple other posters are seeing. Which is really odd, because both your sigs show Evergreens, so we all have the same card.

I don't have a good explanation for that.

Message 16 of 28
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MySunrise271 wrote:

I don't know where you're looking.

I don't see anything called "Account Details". I see "Account Detail" under "Accounts". The due date is listed but not the closing date.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 17 of 28
mgood
Valued Contributor

I asked this question when I  was on the phone about a CLI. The rep gave me a somewhat detailed explanation,  which I understood very little of. I came away believing she didn't really understand it either. 

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 24
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 18 of 28
uncredited
Frequent Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@MySunrise271 wrote:

I don't know where you're looking.

I don't see anything called "Account Details". I see "Account Detail" under "Accounts". The due date is listed but not the closing date.

Maybe business cards have a different portal than personal?

Message 19 of 28
Who_wuda_thought
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymalous wrote:

@Who_wuda_thought wrote:

@Anonymalous 

@Anonymalous wrote:

No need to predict.

Thanks for the explanation, I found it! For those who are interested, click on the card name, click on "+Show More Detail" (below rewards), and in the section that expands there's a "Next Statement Closing Date".

I'd still like to know the pattern, because that way I could create an automatic alert. But for months when it's important (like this month, where I got caught with a balance), this could be useful... if it's accurate. Which if I'm interpreting @Anonymous's post correctly, it may not be.

My own experience with the FNBO Evergreen is that the statement closing date shown on my account has always been accurate, every month so far, with no variance.  What DOES vary is when the account shows up each month (after statement closing date) as reported on each of the 3 CB's.  That is terribly inconsistent and drives me nuts, lol!

Scores as of April 4, 2024:

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.