Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prequalifications

tag
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Prequalifications

I am not in the market for a new CC just yet. Mortgage app (once we nail down if we are waiting until 01/2020), takes priority. However, I do like to check my prequalificiations from time to time. Here are my recents:

2x/week - Citi DC mailers with single APR
Yesterday- Capital 1 Venture
Yesterday- Chase CSP, Slate, F, and FU all with single APR

I’ve been searching but maybe there isn’t enough data points. Does anyone know how solid the PQs are on Chase Credit Journey? I have no relationship with Chase at this point. I know I can walk into a Chase bank and start conversations to get a better idea. I guess I’m just wondering if anyone has had success in CCJ with no previous Chase relationship.

I’m calling it a win to even see PQs at this point. I’ve never ever had offers before 2017.
Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
radfam
Frequent Contributor

Re: Prequalifications

Adding that while I really want the CSP, I am pretty sure it would be a no go. Income is 191k (2 salaries, bonus), rent is 2300. Other cards include:

Amex - $0/1k SL (opened 01/18)
Amex charge - NPSL (01/18)
Discover It - $0/2300 (03/18)
Cap1 - $440/1600 (10/17)
Cap1 - $0/300 (06/14)

So I would very highly doubt that Chase would give me a $5k CSP. I know they don’t like to be the first at that limit range. I am also curious on what Fico version they pull.
Fico 8 as of 03/09/2023:

Message 2 of 5
Priory_Man
Valued Contributor

They pulled FICO8 EX and TU when I applied for my card, I was instant approved for $24k but my scores are a little higher than yours, our income numbers are pretty close though.
However I already have some healthy limits on my other cards ranging from $8k through to $31k at the time.
If you are getting a solid APR on the pre-qual, you are certainly favorable for an approval.

"Total revolving credit $286,000 Current UTIL >1%"
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@radfam wrote:
Adding that while I really want the CSP, I am pretty sure it would be a no go. Income is 191k (2 salaries, bonus), rent is 2300. Other cards include:

Amex - $0/1k SL (opened 01/18)
Amex charge - NPSL (01/18)
Discover It - $0/2300 (03/18)
Cap1 - $440/1600 (10/17)
Cap1 - $0/300 (06/14)

So I would very highly doubt that Chase would give me a $5k CSP. I know they don’t like to be the first at that limit range. I am also curious on what Fico version they pull.

Try for the Chase FU or F since you have good approval offers. That way you can get into the Chase ecosystem and start earning URs for a later use. Who knows, maybe they will even give you a high-ish limit on that card. Then after a while, when that 10/17 Cap1 drops off of 5/24, app for the CSP for the SUB and transfer all of the UR points to the CSP. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, just saw you are preping for a mortgage. Just keep working those scores and try to get SP CLI in the meantime, especially Discover. I started at $1,200 about 2 years ago and now I'm at $5,600. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.