cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulled the trigger on Amex Blue and got this..., what do you think?

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Pulled the trigger on Amex Blue and got this..., what do you think?

Your application will be processed as soon as possible, and we will notify you of the decision by mail within 14 days. 

Rejected?  Address issue?  Everyone but BofA has always had to verify my address.

Not feeling good, but its not the instant rejection I normally got with Amex.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Pulled the trigger on Amex Blue and got this..., what do you think?

In my experience they will e-mail you within a couple of hours with link to log in and see answer.

Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied a few weeks ago and received "A decision could not be reached within 60 seconds and would be E-Mailed out."  About a minute later I received the E-Mail stating I was approved.

Message 3 of 29
smc733
Valued Contributor

So there's still a chance for hope?

My scores in the sig are pretty good, right?  Aside from inquiries, I don't see what they can be all worked up about.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's your current utilization?  Your scores are around the same as mine... I'm assuming what AMEX would look at is overall utilization, income and length of history.

Message 5 of 29
smc733
Valued Contributor

Utilization:  2%

AAoA:  1 year

Oldest account:  8 years 5 months (AU)

HHI:  152k

Installments:  $36k

Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only real difference is my AAoA was at 4 years.  Maybe it's just the address issue, I'd give them a call for the heck of it.

Message 7 of 29
smc733
Valued Contributor

Forwarded to "special department" frig Amex, they keep doing this.  

If this doesn't net me a card at the end of the day, I will go for Chase Freedom instead.

Message 8 of 29
Tazman81
Established Contributor

IME the website updates before the email comes out.  You can go here and check the status:

http://www.americanexpress.com/myappstatus

Current Score: Eq: 823 Tu: 830
Goal Score: Eq: 850 Tu: 850

Wallet: PenFed Power Cash 50k | AMEX Blue Cash (AU) 49.5k | Cap One QSMC 26.5k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | USAA Signature Visa 25k
Message 9 of 29
smc733
Valued Contributor

Dec 30, 2010
BLUE FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
In Progress
Please check back on this site in 24 hours
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.