Did you mean: 

Question about Amex CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about Amex CC

Hi,

I have got few questions to ask:
Are all amex cards eligible for a credit line increase? What's the eligibility turn around time to request Cli? Mostly which card did you see whith high Sl? If I am not wrong charge cards has no limits...
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Amex CC

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

I have got few questions to ask:
Are all amex cards eligible for a credit line increase?
Yes, all credit cards not charge obviously. Also all CLI are soft pulls, from what I've heard/experienced. 
What's the eligibility turn around time to request Cli?
90 days from account opening. If approved, 180 day waiting period before you're eligible for another approval. 
Mostly which card did you see whith high Sl? 

Not sure, but my mom's Delta Gold card has a limit of $30,700 which is the highest I know in my family.

If I am not wrong charge cards has no limits...

There is an internal limit set by Amex, but there is no preset spending limit you'll see outright. They'll determine a cap on the charge cards based off your previous spending habits, history, income, etc. But there is no limit they'll tell you. 

Message 2 of 20
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

Only credit cards can request a CLI. Charge cards can't.

If this is your first Amex card you can request a CLI at day 61. If you have multiple Amex cards you can request a CLI at anytime and if approved you have to wait 181 days until the next request. If denied based on credit reasons you have to wait 91 days until next request.

By credit reasons I mean that they didn't deny you for not following their turn around guidelines but denied you due to "too many recent inquires" and that kind of stuff.

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it will be my first Cc with Amex but I am not sure which one to app. Any suggestions? I waited almost a year now to app for some nice card, I am looking for something which will have a good SL...not really concerned from what lender or Any APR or AF...BTW I like ypur Captain America's card 😉

Thanks Pat
Message 4 of 20
patoot10
Frequent Contributor

I don't think choosing a specific card will yield a higher SL.

I have 8 Amex accounts and each one of them offers something different. I am not sure if you are after cashback or points.

I won't think about the SL and would start comparing cards and evaluating signup bonuses.

I like my cap america card too Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @Anonymous, your duplicate thread has been removed.  Please avoid cross posting in the future; it's confusing to follow and is against the guidelines here.

--UB

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

My bad UncleB, will be more cautious next time 😊
Message 7 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

OP

A CC SL is based on one’s overall credit profile: scores, AAOA, income.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 20
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

+1 @patoot

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have a question about Amex.
If you have 2 cashback cards with them(for example cash magnet and bce), do the cashback pool all together like mr points?

Sorry for using your thread OP. 😀
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.