Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about GE CLI.

tag
NewSurrender
Contributor

Question about GE CLI.

Is it a CLI every four months, or every four statements? I received a CLI approximately 4 months ago, but I've only used my card once since that CLI, so technically I've only received one statement since getting my CLI.

Will I be eligible for a CLI in a few weeks, once it has been 4.5 months since my CLI, or do I have to wait 4 statements? In other words, I'll have to use my card for 3 more statements before I'm eligible.

Anyone know?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about GE CLI.

I hv heard it is every 4 months but few people reported that they did not get auto cli even after 6 months..

Message 2 of 5
NewSurrender
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hv heard it is every 4 months but few people reported that they did not get auto cli even after 6 months..

Oh, I'm not worried about auto CLI. I was wondering about customer initiated CLIs, where you call in and go through the automated system. Last time I went from $900 to $2,500, so I'm excited about this next CLI.

Message 3 of 5
tbolt2
Contributor

You should be able to request a CLI now. If there have have been no new negatives, you should be able to get one. The "every 4months " has been widely reported around here.

One other thing to add - with my wife's GE backed JCPenney card, we never requested a CLI. Her card was issued in Sep 2011 with a 200 CL. 

She received an 800 CLI in Feb 12 and another 600 CLI in May 12 . Neither was requested. If they don't give her another increase this month, we'll ask for an increase within the next week or so after her statement generates.

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

Typically eligible after 4 statements. For those with clean reports U/W call may yield markedly better outcome.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.