Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about Macys

tag
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Question about Macys

Is it normal to receive an auto CLI from Macys after one month of having the card?  When I received the card last month, I was told my CL was $400.  So the past month and a half I have spent about $250 at Macys and of course PIF.  Today I pull my CR and I notice the my CL is now $600.  Does this affect my GLI every 3 months?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about Macys

@Romeoo47 wrote:
Were you still able to get a GLI after 3 months?

I received an automatic CLI around Christmas, right before it was time to ask for my next GLI.     I was still able to get the GLI.    It seems that Macy's will occasionally give you surprise increases, which do not affect your ability to ask for and receive GLIs every 3 months.     As long as you're using the card, that is.

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me.  I had my card for only one month, made a small purchase on, paid the bill in store right after the purchase and them BAM!  $200.00 CLI!

Message 2 of 6
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know yet because I only opened my account in March  Smiley Happy.I have heard very good things about Macy's in this forum.  Try doing a search for Macy's CLI's and see what pops up. 

Good luck!

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Romeoo47 wrote:

I received an automatic CLI around Christmas, right before it was time to ask for my next GLI.     I was still able to get the GLI.    It seems that Macy's will occasionally give you surprise increases, which do not affect your ability to ask for and receive GLIs every 3 months.     As long as you're using the card, that is.

Message 5 of 6
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

Thanks mjgray!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.