Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about statement closing date [Discover]

TheGameofCredit_
New Contributor

Question about statement closing date [Discover]

Hello all,

My statement closing date is September 27th, each transaction on my Discover is slowly, one by one, posting to current balance however.... I have 1/2 PS5 preorder charges for target that are still pending, 1 fell off and I will be getting recharged in November. In total I have $700 in charges that are pending and haven't moved to current balance. It won't let me pay anything more than my Current balance, which is currently $597.

*During Statement closing date [the 27th]. will these pending charges report in my utilization?
*What if they move to current balance day of Statement close date, and I make payment, will that keep my balance low for report? 

Thanks to all who answer.

In the Garden since 09/16/2020
Started my Credit Journey 09/2019, 2 Collections with no Credit History
PetalPetalPetalPetalPetalPetal

3 REPLIES 3
Dumbee
Established Contributor

Re: Question about statement closing date [Discover]

Larger merchants usually don't post charges until it's shipped, so it most likely won't affect reported balance

You can pay off your balance at any time and request a mid-cycle update from Discover

You can use bill pay from your checking account to pay beyond the current balance on your account. Discover also allows refunds on a negative balance by ACH or check.

Smiley Embarassed
Personal/40.15K Biz/23K POT/17K
Message 2 of 4
TheGameofCredit_
New Contributor

@Dumbee wrote:

Larger merchants usually don't post charges until it's shipped, so it most likely won't affect reported balance

You can pay off your balance at any time and request a mid-cycle update from Discover

You can use bill pay from your checking account to pay beyond the current balance on your account. Discover also allows refunds on a negative balance by ACH or check.

Wow I didn't know bill pay could do that. Thanks a ton for this information. You're the MAN!

Also my friend, how did you add your CL's to your credit card pictures?

In the Garden since 09/16/2020
Started my Credit Journey 09/2019, 2 Collections with no Credit History
PetalPetalPetalPetalPetalPetal

Message 3 of 4
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

I'll take that ps5 off your hands...$800

lol no but seriously 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.