Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on negotiating with CCC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on negotiating with CCC

This is my first post here. I just found this site. I have been researching for two nights trying to find some answers to my questions. Hopefully someone here can help. First of all, let me say that our credit card debt is very high - about $60,000. We never meant to get that deep in debt, but a little here and a little there and before you know it... We have been late on most of our cards every month, but have never been 30 days late so as to not affect our FICO score. We have spit, shaken, and pinkie swore to never use the cards again and have taken a home equity loan to pay off some of these along with some money we recently made on a house flip. We have about $35,000 to paydown on these cards. My question is, if I call the credit card companies and can negotiate lump sum payments less than what our balance is, how will that affect our FICO? Our credit is decent right now -about 680. I don't know what would be worse, all the credit card debt or most of that paid off and some bad debt from the negative amount they discounted. Has anybody ever negotiated on their own? I would like to knock the majority of these out with the $35,000 if at all possible.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Question on negotiating with CCC

I don't think it's possible to negotiate balances on open cards.  That usually happens after they are turned over to a CA. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 2 of 3
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Question on negotiating with CCC

There are a couple good DMPs that I've seen others reference. If you post on the General forum I'm sure someone could chime in.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.