Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question please read

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question please read

I have an experian credit works basic member which allows me to view my Experian FICO 8 score for free. I have a 740 score. I don’t know what my Transunion or equifax Fico Scores are. My trans and equifax vantage scores are 694 and 704 respectively. I tried the pre quals on discover and Amex sites and I get only secured cards that match. With my scores I would think I absolutely qualify for any card out there. I don’t want to waste an inquiry either just trying. Does anyone else have this problem or have an answer for me ? Any insight would help!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question please read

If your credit is too new or if you have too many recent account and inquiries, that would be cause for a denial. Also if you have high utilization on your existing cards. Credit approvals don't soley rely on scores; your entire credit report is taken into consideration.

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can’t be utilization im at 3%. I’ve gotten three credit cards in six months maybe that’s why? It still is just weird to me.
Message 3 of 13
Physh1
Frequent Contributor

Your score is only 1 variable lenders consider. If you're new to credit you'd have what people call a 'thin profile'. Good credit age, or a 'mature profile', with lots of good history & credit mix tells lenders you're a responsible and well managed borrower. If you're new to credit I'd suggest you manage your current cards well & search out how to increase your credit lines with them for a while longer. If you can build good history than you'll see more than secured card options soon. 3 cards in 6 months could cause lenders to see you as 'hunting' for credit & may view this as an additional risk. Give it time, mature your cards, & soon you'll see better offers.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

What 3 cards do you have?  I'm guessing they are all retail cards.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap one plat, Kohl’s,torrid
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

As the others have suggested, your FICO scores aren't the only things a creditor looks at.  Your file appears very young and very thin...hence the secured card recommendations.  What I believe is that you need time for your accounts to age.  

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot for the input. I also remember I opted out of pre screening offers a while ago. While your prob right I did opt back in and gotta wait five days for it to take effect.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to the factors already mentioned, lenders and CC issuers consider factors outside your scores, notably income and existing debt.  We don't know the dollar value of any existing loan balances you might have nor do we know your income.

A person could have low CC utilization, accounts that are several years old, and scores in the 800s -- and be denied (or offered very limited products) due to low income, high existing debt, or a combination of the two.

Message 9 of 13
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Since you have Experian Basic already.

Why don’t you signup for the $4.99 trial of Experian Creditworks Premium. It will let you see all 3 bureaus FIcO 8 scores.

This will give you a better idea of where you stand.

Pre-approvals or should I say lack of doesn’t mean you won’t get approved. Lots of members here cold app and get approved.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.