Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about auto CLI from Chase

tag
primechicken
Contributor

Questions about auto CLI from Chase

I got the Chase Freedom some months ago, opened on 3/7/13. My impression from reading mFF was that CLIs are a HP with Chase, and after a year. So I had planned to wait till then. Yesterday, however, they auto-CLIed me from 1000 to 1500. Now I'm wondering...

1. Should I call them and try to piggyback on whatever info (SP?) they used to determine this CLI they gave me, and request a higher CL based on it? I won't accept a HP, and I'll make that clear if I call.

2. If I should call, which number should I use - the exec office at 7547, or the recon at 0625?

3. Does this auto-CLI mean I'll need to wait another year from now (instead of from my open date) to request next CLI from Chase?

4. Or, should I be content with the little bump and just chill? I'm thinking, if I'm gonna act, there is probably a short window to do so.

I've been in the garden since3/24, and plan to app near beginning of October for Amex Hilton HHonors, Sallie Mae World MC, and a Lowe's card - but I want higher limits! My current CLs are in my sig, minus the Chase change. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Questions about auto CLI from Chase

They are going to require a HP if u call for a CLI. They bumped you by 500 because the system / analysts reviewed your account and deemed that 500 is an appropriate amount of CLI for you.

If you need a CLI, just call the regular number. If they are unable to approve you for a higher or any CLI, then call back door. If you call back door directly for this, they usually will transfer you back to the regular CSRs. YMMV.

Chase's systems does periodical reviews pretty regularly, so there's always a chance you might get an auto CLI anytime.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 3
SSA_2013
Frequent Contributor

Re: Questions about auto CLI from Chase

@primechicken wrote:

I got the Chase Freedom some months ago, opened on 3/7/13. My impression from reading mFF was that CLIs are a HP with Chase, and after a year. So I had planned to wait till then. Yesterday, however, they auto-CLIed me from 1000 to 1500. Now I'm wondering...

1. Should I call them and try to piggyback on whatever info (SP?) they used to determine this CLI they gave me, and request a higher CL based on it? I won't accept a HP, and I'll make that clear if I call.  Chase will not increase a credit line based on a soft pull they did for an account review. Very few have been able to achieve a Soft Pull increase (even going through the Executive Office) 

2. If I should call, which number should I use - the exec office at 7547, or the recon at 0625? I wouldn't bother the Executive Office for credit limit increases unless something doesn't go as planned.

3. Does this auto-CLI mean I'll need to wait another year from now (instead of from my open date) to request next CLI from Chase? Chase allows you to submit a CLI request whenever you would like. They don't have a 3 month, 6 month or 12 month rule. The only requirement is that you accept a Hard Pull. So in theory if you wanted a CLI every 2 months and don't mind the hard pulls you can do so. 

4. Or, should I be content with the little bump and just chill? I'm thinking, if I'm gonna act, there is probably a short window to do so. This is difficult to answer without a brief view of your credit. For example, how many inqs do you have, AAoA, Dates of Inqs, New accounts, etc. 

I've been in the garden since3/24, and plan to app near beginning of October for Amex Hilton HHonors, Sallie Mae World MC, and a Lowe's card - but I want higher limits! My current CLs are in my sig, minus the Chase change. Any thoughts on this? Thanks in advance.

I answered the questions in bold. If you post some other info I'm sure we can recommend a path Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.