Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RBFCU Cash Back CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

RBFCU Cash Back CC

I'm planning on applying for this soon and would love some feedback for whomever uses this card or could recommend an everyday credit card to use.

Me and my fiance plan on applying for an everyday cash back meaning dumping all of bills for the month on it then paying it off whenever it post. After that just continue using the card freely for groceries, going to mall, random road trips, etc.. We are using the Discover IT card right now for gas since its 5% this quarter and the Quicksilver card for our everyday purchases. 

RBFCU Credit Card earns 2% back on every purchase and we're banking with them. I'm weighing out my options to see if anyone could recommend a better credit card for everyday usage.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: RBFCU Cash Back CC

Citi DC or Paypal 2% MC
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had this card for several years.  It is a good all around 2% no AF card with a lot of options to redeem your cash back.  It is pretty much available after the transactions post and can be redeemed for statement credit or deposited in any account of your choice via ACH or they will automatically deposit it into your RBFCU account once a year.  I believe the ACH option requires a min of $ 5.00 redemption and takes a couple of days to hit your account.

It also has no FTF and an APR range that is lower than most rewards cards ~ 12 - 18%,  if APR is important to you.

Bottom line:  It is a good option if you are looking to keep your rewards strategy simple.

Message 3 of 8
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

I too am thinking about getting this card in about a week. This card will work fine for my needs.

Pros

• The Pin is priority which is good for use when traveling outside of the US
  • Cash advance straight from card to RBFCU checking/savings account with no fees other than the card purchase Apr rate of 12.15%
  • $0 cash advance fee
  • $0 balance transfer fee
  • No foreign transaction fees

Cons

• Limited to Texas applicants
  • Not really a con of the card but RBFCU is slow to process ACH transactions

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jetboy wrote:

I too am thinking about getting this card in about a week. This card will work fine for my needs.

Pros

• The Pin is priority which is good for use when traveling outside of the US
  • Cash advance straight from card to RBFCU checking/savings account with no fees other than the card purchase Apr rate of 12.15%
  • $0 cash advance fee
  • $0 balance transfer fee
  • No foreign transaction fees

Cons

• Limited to Texas applicants

RBFCU is slow to process ACH transactions

So does this mean to make online payments to their credit cards you must make payments 3-4 days in advance keeping in mind the weekends dont count!. Also, SSI or SS checks deposit also go thru 3-4 days of ACH processing? since its govt i figure it to be different.

They are known for high SL on credit cards; however, they require POI.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So does this mean to make online payments to their credit cards you must make payments 3-4 days in advance keeping in mind the weekends dont count!. Also, SSI or SS checks deposit also go thru 3-4 days of ACH processing? since its govt i figure it to be different.

They are known for high SL on credit cards; however, they require POI.

I use autopay and have no issues making payments. Also, I have a 20K CL -- My 2nd highest cash card CL -- without POI. 

Message 6 of 8
Jetboy
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jetboy wrote:

RBFCU is slow to process ACH transactions

My apologies for not being clear. I was referring to transferring money from RBFCU to an external checking or savings account.

Message 7 of 8
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Citi DC or Paypal 2% MC

I don't think I'd apply for either of those if I had RBFCU access.

I tried to get in there back in the day but failed, wasn't worth it to me to go play tricks with an old Texas DL that has my dad's address  on it, but it's a useful CU for a host of reasons and their 2% offering is a good one.

        
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.