Did you mean: 

RIP Target and HSBC Discover

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: RIP Target and HSBC Discover

@llecs wrote:

BUMP....Update:

OK, so I get a statement from HSBC Discover this weekend. Even though the $59 AF was charged in December, and even though I closed it two months later in mid-February, the statement they just sent over shows a statement credit of negative $59. I guess they refunded the AF even though I closed it a couple of months later. Cool deal.....FYI for those who are thinking about closing AF CCs, but procrastinated a month or two too late. Off to rummage through my piles of unopened mail to see if there's a $59 check in there somewhere.

Bump to the bump.......

FINALLY, four months after closing the HSBC Discover and 3 months after I learned they owed me $$$$, they finally mailed my AF refund and overpayment in the tune of $68 and some change. I had totally forgotten about it.

Message 21 of 30
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I do like my Target Red Card for the 5%. Depending on how much you shop there (we buy groceries each week) that can really add up. Couple that with coupons and you can do very well.

I wish I had their Visa but cannot get one since they no longer issue them...  Smiley Sad

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 22 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

As soon as my AMEX card hit my reports with the 1997 date, I will be calling Target to close my account. 

Message 23 of 30
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Why not just keep it open??? You have something that can no longer be had...

Ray

Ray

Message 24 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Why not just keep it open??? You have something that can no longer be had...

Ray

I haven't used it in almost a year.  I'll only keep it open if they correct my opening date to 1996.   The card would be a whole lot prettier to me with a 1996 cardholder since date.

Message 25 of 30
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I hear ya on that one and I do know it is in process. Good luck - I hope it works out for you!

Ray

Ray

Message 26 of 30
LittleCat
Contributor

Wooo-hooo! I just buried my Orchard Bank card late last week....it was a strange parting emotional wise, when I got it all I had was a Target card(which I've had since 1988!) and a whopping 523 credit score, so the $300 card helped me create positive reporting while I cleaned up my horrendous credit, but alas, with my BoA that started as a $500 secured card long graduated and sitting pretty at $7500, Orchard had to go....BYE BYE!! So liberating!! They transferred me twice and some 'manager' kept pushing me to reconsider...yeah, reconsider what?!!!

Message 27 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

@LittleCat wrote:

Wooo-hooo! I just buried my Orchard Bank card late last week....it was a strange parting emotional wise, when I got it all I had was a Target card(which I've had since 1988!) and a whopping 523 credit score, so the $300 card helped me create positive reporting while I cleaned up my horrendous credit, but alas, with my BoA that started as a $500 secured card long graduated and sitting pretty at $7500, Orchard had to go....BYE BYE!! So liberating!! They transferred me twice and some 'manager' kept pushing me to reconsider...yeah, reconsider what?!!!

How were you able to get a Target card in 1988? I thought they didn't come out until 1995?

Message 28 of 30
LittleCat
Contributor

In 1988, and quite some time before, Dayton Hudson, who owned Target, had a card that was both Daytons and Target(and strangly enough you used one card but had seperate lines of credit for each store, and seperate bills for each!) though the card just said 'Daytons.' Mid 90's the Daytons/Target card I had converted to 'Target" but because the account was originally opened in 1988 that is the date my Target account lists.

Message 29 of 30
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I too had a Dayton's card, then Marshall Fields. Closed now....

Those were the days!  Smiley Happy

Ray

Ray

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.