cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reccomendations?? Where do I go from here?

tag
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Reccomendations?? Where do I go from here?

Hi, ive been lurking here for a while but i would like advice.
I began rebuilding my credit in August. 524 with no accounts, 2 hard pulls and 1 collection.
I started with an opensky secured card with $200 limit. I was also preapproved for gamestop powerup (250).
After 3 months, my score rose to around 690 and all of my baddies fell off
Late november, i was prequal for QS one with 300 SL. I also used sct to get overstock (5000), buckle (800). This caused my score to dip to around 650 with 1 hard pull and 5 accounts.
I havent applied for any more lines since then as it appears i get the best scores when my aaoa is greater then 3 months. I did receive a $100 cli on the QS.

My credit score is now 721, just got my first fico of 729.

Where do i go from here? I eventually want chase cards but don't think my credit history is quite ready. I am in a good position to get more cards and i have preapproval for discover it, citi, and a few others. Should i go on an app spree now to get some good cards while building history more, garden for 2 years and then try chase?? What would be good cards, personal and business?
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
40 REPLIES 40
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Reccomendations?? Where do I go from here?

@601fluguy wrote:

My credit score is now 721, just got my first fico of 729.

Where do i go from here? I eventually want chase cards but don't think my credit history is quite ready. I am in a good position to get more cards and i have preapproval for discover it, citi, and a few others. Should i go on an app spree now to get some good cards while building history more, garden for 2 years and then try chase?? What would be good cards, personal and business?

First thing I would do is go here and get your EX score https://www.creditscorecard.com/registration

Then I would probably go for Disco and AMEX BCE/P.  It looks like you've accomplished quite a bit in a short time and even managed to rebound from a couple of apps back to the low to mid 7's quite easily.  Waiting for Chase is probably the best options since you're already excluded with 5 accounts in 24 months.

Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with austinguy907.
Get Disco and/or Amex and grow what you have. When you are under 5/24 app for Chase. You should be in good position for them then
Message 3 of 41
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Thanks guys. My EX is 729.
I am definitely going to accept the disco offer and plan to app for amex at the same time. Im interested in bce and amex everyday. Any others i should app for and combine HPs?

Ohhh the 5/24 is total accounts? I was thinking it only applied to credit cards. Welp definitely have to wait now lol.
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 4 of 41
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Disco and BCE will work.  

You can only double dip on AMEX with a revolver and charge.  BCE and ED are both revolvers.  If you don't want to pay an AF then just get the BCE since all of their charge cards have a fee.

Just go for those 2 and then let them grow.  They will grow nicely over the next 2 years and prime you up for a high limit with Chase if you still want one then.

Message 5 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've seen, the 5/24 is just cc; shouldn't include auto, home, or any other type of loan
Message 6 of 41
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Would the bcp have more potential to grow than the bce? AF really isnt a concern so which one is best? What are options for amex charge accounts?

I also have prequal for Americard.

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 7 of 41
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@601fluguy wrote:
Would the bcp have more potential to grow than the bce? 

They're the same.... only difference is the rewards %'s and the AF.  - I started with BCE at 10K and then 61 days to 30K and then after that went to 50K and waiting on my next jump currently as they review it.  You can start with BCE $0AF and when your intro period is up there's an upgrade option that comes every once in awhile that includes a bonus.

Best charge option.....   Depends on what kind of perks you want with them.... PRG is middle of the road I believe for their charge options.  Platinum is more for frequent travelers to take advantage of the rebates and lounge access and the Green is just entry level and a waste of $95/yr.  

Message 8 of 41
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Whoa thats a nice starting limit. I will look more into the amex cards but probably will go with bce. The charge cards dont really appeal me. Do you think my prepaid amex account would have any affect on my atarting cl?

Are there any other good cards to grow on? What about BofA?
2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 9 of 41
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@601fluguy wrote:
Whoa thats a nice starting limit. I will look more into the amex cards but probably will go with bce. The charge cards dont really appeal me. Do you think my prepaid amex account would have any affect on my atarting cl?

Are there any other good cards to grow on? What about BofA?

Prepaid isn't Credit.

I don't particularly care for BOA and had accounts with them in the past but, nothing in the past 10 years.  Someone else migh chime in but, Disco / Amex offer SP CLI's and most of the other big banks don't.  

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.