Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rejected

tag
ando35
Frequent Contributor

Rejected

So I applied for a Chase Freedom card with a 703 TU and 696 Equifax and a BK 7 years ago. Rejected. Your score means nothing. 700 is not "good".

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Rejected

They are not BK friendly they go by the whole credit report not just credit score. If you included them in BK they blacklist long after it's gone from your credit report.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 26
greatness1
Contributor

Try both number some people had to call 3-4 times

Chase: 888-270-2127 App recon
Chase: 888-245-0625 Credit Analyst - Recons

amex bc $15kl amex bce $1.5kl bbva amex $7kl freedom $3.1kl, csp $5.8kl sallie mae $5.7kl venture $7kl citi dc $10kl discover $13kl assoc bank $7kl nasa fcu $18.1kl penfed plat rewards $15kl penfed plat rewards $22kl lowes $17kl walmart $6kl

nasa ploc 17k
Total limit $163,200K
Message 3 of 26
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@ando35 wrote:

So I applied for a Chase Freedom card with a 703 TU and 696 Equifax and a BK 7 years ago. Rejected. Your score means nothing. 700 is not "good".

With that serious of a deragatory instant approvals, rarely, if ever happen. What other tradelines do you have and how long? I would try the reconsideration line in the backdoor thread. All may not be lost.

Message 4 of 26
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@ando35 wrote:

In addition to Chase not being real BK friendly they have always pulled my Experian exclusively.  Give recon a call but are those scores true fico scores and what is your EX?

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 5 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ando35 wrote:

What is your EX?

Was Chase in your BK? or Providian or Washington Mutual for that matter!?

Message 6 of 26
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@ando35 wrote:

Your score means nothing. 700 is not "good".

You're right and wrong. 700 is good, but a bankruptcy or other derogatory information is not. It's possible to have middle or low 700's with one or two cards and only one to two years of history. Scores really do mean nothing and people need to understand that when applying. People are ready to go crazy because they have an 800 score but get declined by someone. Most likely the bankruptcy is why you were declined, and in that case, a score really doesn't matter.

Message 7 of 26
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@ando35 wrote:

You can have a Score of 700 or higher in a year or less after filling Bankruptcy therefore, 700 Score means nothing.

Unfortunately, I myself filed Bankruptcy due to a lawsuit years ago; and it was not an easy thing for me and it made me suffer mentally for many years.

It took me a long time to even think of applying for a credit card until; a couple of years ago when I started applying and of course I did get denied credit and I accepted the rejection, I never got mad at the lenders (if I borrowed $5000.00 from you, $15,000.00 from your neighbors and family and I never paid you or them back; would lend me another $1000.00?)

I got turned down by AMEX several times and did not get mad at AMEX in lieu; I turned into this forum seeking advice from the good folks over here.

In my opinion, no matter what the circumstances are; filling bankruptcy is a big mistake!

Message 8 of 26
bk510
Valued Contributor

@eagle2013 wrote:

@ando35 wrote:

With that serious of a deragatory instant approvals, rarely, if ever happen. What other tradelines do you have and how long? I would try the reconsideration line in the backdoor thread. All may not be lost.

I got approved for discover It just the other day with almost 2yr old BK.

I clicked on submit and it said need more info on the next page so filled out the page submited again and this time it said approved on a lowered term a basically 22.99 w/o any intro APR. But I'm still excited and I pay in full anyway.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 9 of 26
bk510
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@ando35 wrote:

Your score means nothing. 700 is not "good".

You're right and wrong. 700 is good, but a bankruptcy or other derogatory information is not. It's possible to have middle or low 700's with one or two cards and only one to two years of history. Scores really do mean nothing and people need to understand that when applying. People are ready to go crazy because they have an 800 score but get declined by someone. Most likely the bankruptcy is why you were declined, and in that case, a score really doesn't matter.

Yes the score means nothing cause I just got approved for IT.....Smiley Happy

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.