Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing authorized users.

tag
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Removing authorized users.

My wife has been an authorized user of my Sears Master Card for quite a bit and currently she paid all her credit cards bringing her scores up to the low 700's she still owes Macy's but isn't a lot. Since being an authorized user it reports the card activity and my card is at limit if I were to remove her it would also remove the card as well as the balance which would lower her debt to ratio bringing her score even more up correct? Also will it affect her credit score in any way if I were to remove her? Thanks!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Removing authorized users.

all you gotta do just try it...if its not work out that good.....then add her back on Smiley Very Happy simple as that

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 9
alboto
Regular Contributor

How old is the card you are trying to remove her from??

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would say unless its REALLY old card and she has nothing else even close to it i would remove.

but if she only has this card and macys then it might hurt

and she might need to just dispute the account to get it deleted and update the balance.

really you could remove her and she could just keep using her card.... don't think sears sends seperate numbers.

Target, GE... you can remove someone but if they have card they can keep charging... no difference.. i actually have 3 best buy MC for myself (I didn't do that!)

I have a couple Chevron because i didn't want my partner to take hit of a stupid $650 CL but when i opened it had the .10,.20 cents off whatever it was... no issues used at pump.

Message 4 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

About 6 years old

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Message 5 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

She has her own crdit card(s) just becuase she didnt have much back then when she was added to the sears MC she has WAY better credit scores than me, And Im thinking they would be even better if she removed this credit card beacuse its to the limit whcih is $4000 and currently $3988 balance. should i remove her? I fi did remove her how long would it take to be removed from her credit report?

Message 6 of 9
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Remove her from that card, for her sake.

Don't add her on to another, for your sake.

Removal times vary among CRAs, but all is good with time.

Message 7 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thank you!!! I shall do that first thing tommorrow.

Message 8 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

My wife got a alert on her equifax and it was about the sears credit card acct fom which I had removed her fom and it actually boosted her  2 points! Her Utilizaion is now 2% She can so go apply for Chase or AMEX her EQ FICO score is now 703 -no BKs or collections- Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.