Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Limits

tag
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

Reporting Limits

I have 4 CC's not reporting their limits on 1 of the CRA's.  2 are open and 2 are closed. 

Is this hurting my score?  If so, how do I contact to correct it?   Do I dispute the limit amount (I don't ant them to go away though!) or do I write to the CCC?  Can I correct the closed accounts?
The hardest part is waiting!! I'm an instant gratification girl!!!
06/24/2008: TU 708, EQ 705, EX 712
06/09/2008: TU 699, EQ 688, EX 712
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
wmarat
Valued Contributor

Re: Reporting Limits

My Macy's Visa for some reason does not report to TU, it is not much of CL ($5000) and it does not have influence on my util (1.23%) and so far my TU score is the highest.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ferferhess wrote:
I have 4 CC's not reporting their limits on 1 of the CRA's.  2 are open and 2 are closed. 

Is this hurting my score?  If so, how do I contact to correct it?   Do I dispute the limit amount (I don't ant them to go away though!) or do I write to the CCC?  Can I correct the closed accounts?

Which cards are not reporting limits?  Some cards just don't report them, and there's not much you can do about it.  Sometimes this hurts your score, and sometimes it doesn't.

Message 3 of 13
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

They all report, but are only reporting high limit on 1 of the CRA's (they repot the limit on the other 2 CRA's).......

I'm wondering if this make it look like their maxed......

Example
Citi reports: on EX & TU----limit $1000, high balance $562 
      reports:  on EQ----limit (blank), high balance $562

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ferferhess wrote:
They all report, but are only reporting high limit on 1 of the CRA's (they repot the limit on the other 2 CRA's).......

I'm wondering if this make it look like their maxed......

Example
Citi reports: on EX & TU----limit $1000, high balance $562 
      reports:  on EQ----limit (blank), high balance $562

Which cards?

Message 5 of 13
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

Ciibank, First Premier, old Orchard----opps, only have 3cc's doing this, the other fell off yesterday.....
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which specific Citi card?

FP and Orchard should be reporting limits, AFAIK, but some Citi cards don't.

Message 7 of 13
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

Forgot the card name, haven't used it in forever, but it's definetly supposed to have a limit!  It's not like the signiture cards......Just trying to figure out what to do about it or if its hurting me (if not I'll leave it alone)......
Thanks!!!
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ferferhess wrote:
Forgot the card name, haven't used it in forever, but it's definetly supposed to have a limit!  It's not like the signiture cards......Just trying to figure out what to do about it or if its hurting me (if not I'll leave it alone)......
Thanks!!!

Some Citi cards don't report limits even though they are not Signature cards.  The name of the card is actually pretty important to see if this card is reporting the way it's supposed to.

Citi Premier Pass and Citi AAdvantage are among the Citi cards that don't report limits.  Was it one of those?

Message 9 of 13
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

No, it was one of those cards you get when you have zero credit, and they give you  $500 limit.
I don't have the card with me at work, so I can't give it to you right now, but I'm 99% positive that it is supposed to report limit.  (reason: my old boyfriend got the same card at the same time I did, the made me AU later and it reports limit on all three for that card.  It's just not reporting to EQ.....)
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.