Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested Discover CLD... but got removed from future CLIs

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Requested Discover CLD... but got removed from future CLIs

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else had this situation. Discover is weird.

I'd say that obsessing over round numbers is weird.  Don't "fix" what ain't broken -- unintended consequences and all that.  Discover's action doesn't seem odd at all.  CLD requests aren't for obsessing over round numbers.  They're to indicate to the creditor that you want less credit made available to you.  It's not unreasonable for a creditor to then remove you from consideration for CLI's given that you requested the decrease.

Message 41 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@axlm wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I might be missing something but I just don't understand requesting a "lower" credit limit.

Well, we requested CLDs for an elderly family member. She uses her 3 cards not very often, always for small amounts and frequently 'forgets' to pay or even check her accounts. So we set them on autopay for the whole balance, and requested limits to be between $500~$1000. That way, if someone else uses her cards, we won't end up paying $10k in fraudulent charges, as she'd probably won't notice until is too late.

That's a good reason!

Message 42 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@axlm wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@TRC_WA wrote:

@axlm wrote:

I received 3 CLIs from Discover in the past 4 months, and each time I adjusted the slider down in order to have a 'nice looking' number. Should I seek help too? Smiley Surprised

Possibly?

Or am I just weird for not giving a flip if a CL is $10,500 or $4,750?

Im guessing op would go nuts with barclays then.

backcl.PNG

Well, that would make ME flip for sure. Smiley Mad

that IS a very odd number, never seen that before.

Message 43 of 45
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else had this situation. Discover is weird.

I'd say that obsessing over round numbers is weird.  Don't "fix" what ain't broken -- unintended consequences and all that.  Discover's action doesn't seem odd at all.  CLD requests aren't for obsessing over round numbers.  They're to indicate to the creditor that you want less credit made available to you.  It's not unreasonable for a creditor to then remove you from consideration for CLI's given that you requested the decrease.

This, exactly. Credit is not a game. If you request a CLD because you want some arbritrary round number, they have every right to review your account and could take action further than what you wanted.

Leave it alone next time, OP. There are much bigger things to worry about in life.

Message 44 of 45
newhis
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had $20,500 CL on my discover and just for the sake of making it a whole number requested for a CLD to $20k by reducing $500... My CL was reduced as requested and 3 days after that got a message stating that since I requested for CLD, my account will be removed from future account reviews for CLIs. What??????... Message continues to say, to be restored for account reviews for CLI, I will have to request for CLI. HUH????? Anyone else had this situation. Discover is weird.

I'm failing to see the issue.  You won't be eligible for CLIs until you ask for one.   Unless you really want auto-LUV to give you an amount that you don't want to see, I don't really see the issue.

Thank you for making it clear, at first I didn't understand about all that CLI reviews and request CLI.

I think this is nice, what I understand now is that they will no longer auto-CLI that account, and if the cardholder want a CLI then needs to ask for one, but doing that will put the account back in auto-CLI reviews. That makes sense. If you want CLD for any reason, there is no point of giving auto-CLI.

Message 45 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.