cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requested VISA got unwanted MasterCard. Removing unauthorized credit inquiry and card?

tag
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Requested VISA got unwanted MasterCard. Removing unauthorized credit inquiry and card?

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH.............i get it now.  thanks for clearing that up for dense little me!  Smiley Happy
Message 31 of 33
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Requested VISA got unwanted MasterCard. Removing unauthorized credit inquiry and card?

lol, it's me --I don't seem to be able to string together useful sentences today.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 32 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@llecs wrote:
I'd never ever shop at Sams, but why won't they accept Visa? What other CCs do they disallow?

I guess these large warehouse clubs can get special deals with credit card companies to lower their expenses per transaction. And I guess that Visa just said No to that deal.

I mean, look at Costco and their odd deal with Amex, which is the only credit card accepted there in store. You can use Visa online, though, similar to the differences between Sam's Club stores and online portal.

I used to have a Costco membership a couple of years ago, & they did actually take my Visa.  Is it a recent thing that they only take AMEX?  Perhaps it is not across the board.

That's a general policy nowadays. You can use Visa online, but in store, it means cash, debit, their own "Costco" payment cards or Amex. That's why I have that Costco TrueEarnings Amex.

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.