cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requesting cli upon activation with Citi,possible?

tag
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Re: Requesting cli upon activation with Citi,possible?

Scenery, Thank you and thats alot of good information you have provide it me and greatly appreciated.

No i dont intend to use the other limits i have with other lenders as much but i feel more comfortable having some then none.LolSmiley Very Happy

I would love to have the Amex but unfortunly i had some issues back in 2006 with them and regretfully they would not be able to help me at this time untill possibly the bk from 06 is gone from the credit later in november or early next year

No promises that any approval will take place with Amex but i would like to stay positive and hope for any reconsideration.

citi has grant me 9k 3 months ago and just approve me for this new card for 10.5k.

I just dont wanna be greedy since they seems to put alot of faith one me and would like to return the favor.

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 11 of 15
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@danielodonoll wrote:

Scenery, Thank you and thats alot of good information you have provide it me and greatly appreciated.

No i dont intend to use the other limits i have with other lenders as much but i feel more comfortable having some then none.LolSmiley Very Happy

I would love to have the Amex but unfortunly i had some issues back in 2006 with them and regretfully they would not be able to help me at this time untill possibly the bk from 06 is gone from the credit later in november or early next year

No promises that any approval will take place with Amex but i would like to stay positive and hope for any reconsideration.

citi has grant me 9k 3 months ago and just approve me for this new card for 10.5k.

I just dont wanna be greedy since they seems to put alot of faith one me and would like to return the favor.

Copy that, understandable with AMEX. Future goal perhaps? I would move on with limit intact and save the effort for another time. Pick the battles you need to fight and win (and this is not one) is my opinion. You are still new to Citi and they extended to you with an issue. It's still a win at $10,500 as that's a great limit from them. I just got a starting limit with them of $8,500 last week and I am overloaded with AMEX and Chase cards, no baddies and healthy limits from other banks.

Message 12 of 15
danielodonoll
New Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@danielodonoll wrote:

Copy that, understandable with AMEX. Future goal perhaps? I would move on with limit intact and save the effort for another time. Pick the battles you need to fight and win (and this is not one) is my opinion. You are still new to Citi and they extended to you with an issue. It's still a win at $10,500 as that's a great limit from them. I just got a starting limit with them of $8,500 last week and I am overloaded with AMEX and Chase cards, no baddies and healthy limits from other banks.

I hear you.Congrats on your approval Scenery by the way. Glad to talk to someone like you.

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 13 of 15
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

It would never hurt to call an analyst and ask, even if they can't get you all the way to 20k maybe they will meet you somewhere in the middle.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 15
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Thats what iam saying ryan,i know they couid do a little better since my other 4 accounts are at 20k

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.