Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Responsibility = Terminated?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Responsibility = Terminated?

My boyfriend added me as an AU on his Sears card, and it is now showing up on my credit report.

The thing is, under responsibility it says "Terminated".  Does anyone know why it would say that?  I even have a card with my name on it from them, and I'm pretty sure it's usable.  Shouldn't it say Authorized User instead?

Is this something I should dispute or ask Sears about?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Responsibility = Terminated?

Can only guess because you gave no responsibility for re payment. It dies not really matter. What us written there. Does not say account is terminated.  Lenders know what it means on manual review. Computers can't see it. 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It means you are no longer an authorized user to the credit bureaus. The account will continue reporting but the credit limit is no longer added to your pot

I would call your CC and get it corrected if you care about it
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

My boyfriend said he'll call them and get everything sorted out.  Just weird that it would report terminated at all.

Message 4 of 7
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

You can easily have an authorized account deleted from your file. But make sure really want it totally deleted. Once it goes it is very hard to get it back especially on Equifax.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, we just added me as an authorized user recently, and just got the card in the mail a few days ago - didn't ask to have me deleted, which is why I'm confused why it would show as "terminated".  

Message 6 of 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Terminated is how it would appear when you are removed as an AU on the  account, the balance reports as 0 and the CL is removed from your utilization, it remains as a postive account for up to 10 years post being terminated. If you were just added as the AU I would give it up to a month to correct at the next scheduled update of his account.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.