Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ritz Carlton Certs...

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Ritz Carlton Certs...

We have a 3 night stay at a tier 5 RC planned. I have 2 tier 4 Certs. Is their any value of tier 1-4 certificates against a tier 5 stay? Has anyone tried? I don't want to take a trip just to use them, would rather apply them towards a planned stay (cert plus cash).

Thanks for any help

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ritz Carlton Certs...

There is not. This is why the points offers for the Ritz were so much better, you could use them for higher category Marriott or higher tier Ritz
Message 2 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
There is not. This is why the points offers for the Ritz were so much better, you could use them for higher category Marriott or higher tier Ritz

Thanks

:[    We do have to go to Toronto this fall.  I'll use them there.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@elim wrote:

We have a 3 night stay at a tier 5 RC planned. I have 2 tier 4 Certs. Is their any value of tier 1-4 certificates against a tier 5 stay? Has anyone tried? I don't want to take a trip just to use them, would rather apply them towards a planned stay (cert plus cash).

Thanks for any help

Good question. I'm new to the Ritz-Carlton credit and hotels.  Looking forward to seeing the responses to this thread. 

Message 4 of 15
mdd0214
Contributor

Waiting on new ritz card now. Other than tiers are certs limited to cost per night or by major calendar black outs? Can I stack club status on free nights?

Message 5 of 15
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@elim wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

:[    We do have to go to Toronto this fall.  I'll use them there.

The Ritz Carlton in Toronto Canada VERY NICE Ritz Carlton.   P.S Chef Oliver  is amazing. 

Message 6 of 15
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

@mdd0214 wrote:

Waiting on new ritz card now. Other than tiers are certs limited to cost per night or by major calendar black outs? Can I stack club status on free nights?

There is no cost per night stipulations, just has to be a tier 1-4. There are no blackout dates that I was aware of. You are not allowed to stack the club upgrade on top of the certs. The upgrades can only be used on paid stays. 

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 7 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

I have stayed in "Downtown USA" on so many trips lately (Downtown Detroit today), Wanted to apply the certs to a getaway stay at tier5 Beaver Creek.

Message 8 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Certificates can only be used for their designated hotel category or tier.

Can't stack with any other offers, like club upgrade or $100 credit, though certificates can be used in conjunction with points to achieve a 5th night free booking.

There are no "blackout" dates per se, but hotels can limit the amount of award availability they have. Usually not an issue except if there happens to be a big event of some kind. (think comic con, super bowl, nba playoffs, etc)
Message 9 of 15
elim
Senior Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Certificates can only be used for their designated hotel category or tier.

Can't stack with any other offers, like club upgrade or $100 credit, though certificates can be used in conjunction with points to achieve a 5th night free booking.

There are no "blackout" dates per se, but hotels can limit the amount of award availability they have. Usually not an issue except if there happens to be a big event of some kind. (think comic con, super bowl, nba playoffs, etc)

Now this will help!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.