Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMS PLCC to MC...**update**

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

SAMS PLCC to MC...**update**

ok...Just got off a 25 min phone call with customer service about my Sams personal card on a completely unrelated topic trying to figure out which # I use on the back of my card to set up with my bank for bill pay.. ANYWAY.....So we are talking, and she says to me," ok, you leave out such and such  numbers, and youll just end with these numbers, which will  be the same when your card converts over to the MC"...

Im like...Come again?  What do you mean?  She says that ALL personal Sams Club CC's will be converting to the MC over the next couple of months.  She just got back from training on how to talk to the customers about their new accts and conversions when this all happens. She says starting next month they are starting the long process of converting them all over, and that I could call back next month to see where in the lineup my card is, to receive the new MC"  

I said.." i thought it was by invitation only by the bank to upgrade to the MC version"..she says.."it was, but the company decided to simplify things and just have one card, and the personal card will be going away".  I said, "so youre telling me that my personal Sams Club CC, will be converted over to your MC version in the next couple months? she says,  YES!! .. HALLELUJAH!!!

I asked why I havent received any type of communciaiton about this, and she says look for it in the mail over the next few weeks, they have started sending it out, we just got done with out training on the whole conversion over thing".  I asked one more time if it was just "certain accts/card holders' who were getting the conversion, and she NO...everyone who has the personal Sams Club CC is being converted, and all my info like apr/cl will stay the same, excpet itll be a new number and a MC to be able to use anywhere. 

I also said that online, it still shows that the "store card version" is still available if you go to apply.  She said, that will eventually go away as well.  This is very recent and new"

SOOOOO....watch your mailboxes!!!  YAY!! 

btw...She kept laughing at me because I kept asking her are you sure? Im included? That would be SO awesome...my CL is $5k, and Id be estactic to lose another store card, and gain a major.  Smiley Happy

I was too excited to ask her if this also included the Walmart cards, sorry, LOL

10/12/15-------->**UPDATE**

called back into CS after reading a few posts, and spoke with a lady who said I received wrong information yesterday. The upgrades to MC are by an invite only,(just like I thought and knew they were), and apparently I was sent out the upgrade latter on 9/4/15, but I never received it! She said she would mail me another for my records, but I'll receive my new card by end of October. So mine is for sure in the group that got sent upgrade letters. Sorry for the misinformation earlier in my post. She did say that there was a very large amount of people that they were converting over this time, more than they have in the past. She apologized that I was told differently yesterday, and would have her supervisor talk to her about telling people everyone is getting converted. 

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: SAMS STORE CC CONVERTING TO MC SOON!!

Soooowwwweeeeeetttttt!

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 2 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow congrats , thats awesome , i want walmart to do the same xd

Message 3 of 40
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Oh wow, this is great news for so many people!  Smiley Very Happy

It also likely explains why back in August I might have been approved for the MC version in the first place... I honestly was expecting to only be eligible for the PLCC!

Message 4 of 40
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

NICE!!!!!!!! 8k MasterCard. 

Message 5 of 40
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

This will be very interesting to see if it comes true...
I would be very happy!
Message 6 of 40
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I would be very happy!

Definitely. 

Message 7 of 40
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

I'll be watching my mailbox
Message 8 of 40
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
I would be very happy!

I know right??!!  you know how you get a rep on the phone that really knows their s**t, and knows what they are talking about about?  Thats the feeling I got with this woman on the phone. That what she was telling me was the truth, and not just blowing smoke up my **s. I got her name and emplyee ID#, so if this turns out to be something else than what she told me today, Ill be calling her suprvisor to inform them that their reps are giving out wrong and misleading information to their cardholders. But I didnt get that impression with her, she was very matter of fact about it.

I love the fact that I wouldnt have to burn a HP in the future to get the MC version, and since its a company instigated deal, and they are the ones converting, and making it a done deal on their end,  it doesnt kick me out of the garden!! Im doing very well in the garden!! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes me want a Sams Club now........Must. Resist.
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.