Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDFCU Premium CashBack+

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

SDFCU Premium CashBack+

Got an advertisement in the mail yesterday promoting this card. Said 2 % cash back on all purchases, $200 bonus on $3k spend, credit limit from $5k to $100k, and interest rate starting at 10.74%; also no foreign transaction fee or annual fee. Not looking for any additional credit myself, but didn't know if it would be of interest to anyone else.

https://www.sdfcu.org/cashback/

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: SDFCU Premium CashBack+

KAYKAY's back in the houseSmiley Happy

We missed ya, I'll take the 100k pleaseSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Missed everyone too AJC.

Plan to be back on forum more often from now on.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 29
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Got this one in the mail as well.  Caught my attention because I rarely get anything from SDFCU other than the preapproved check they tend to send our yearly around Christmas.  If I didn't already have several 2% CB cards maybe I would entertain.

Message 4 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Got an advertisement in the mail yesterday promoting this card. Said 2 % cash back on all purchases, $200 bonus on $3k spend, credit limit from $5k to $100k, and interest rate starting at 10.74%; also no foreign transaction fee or annual fee. Not looking for any additional credit myself, but didn't know if it would be of interest to anyone else.

https://www.sdfcu.org/cashback/

Nice to see they're trying to keep up with all the other 2% CB players Smiley Tongue   Wondering what their CU membership requirements are these days? I recall a long while back, way before this product came along, it was a pretty drawn-out manual process.  Maybe it changed?

Message 5 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:

Got this one in the mail as well.  Caught my attention because I rarely get anything from SDFCU other than the preapproved check they tend to send our yearly around Christmas.  If I didn't already have several 2% CB cards maybe I would entertain.

I hadn't gotten anything from them in a while and was considering closing out that account since I have ones with both PenFed and NFCU.  Guess I'll hang on to the account a while longer.  Like the interest rate and starting limit.  Might be something to shoot for in the future.  

Message 6 of 29
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

A couple of members of this forum applied for this card two months ago when it was first issued.  They were denied because they "already had  a large number of credit cards".  That scared me away from applying, and that's sad, because this is the perfect credit card for me:

-- 2% cash back on everything

-- no annual fee

-- no foreign transaction fee

-- the ability to set up the chip with PIN priority (very important to me with my frequent European travels)

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 7 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

A couple of members of this forum applied for this card two months ago when it was first issued.  They were denied because they "already had  a large number of credit cards".  That scared me away from applying, and that's sad, because this is the perfect credit card for me:

-- 2% cash back on everything

-- no annual fee

-- no foreign transaction fee

-- the ability to set up the chip with PIN priority (very important to me with my frequent European travels)

Well, that pretty much takes me out of the horse race Smiley Very Happy  LOL.  The chip with PIN priority would've been a nice feature like my current Diners Club and UNFCU Elite.  Thanks for posting this @UpperNwGuy.

Message 8 of 29
Gmood1
Super Contributor

SDFCU is a cool little credit union, just way too conservative for those of use with more than 3 or 4 credit cards. They'll deny you a CC but offer a SP personal loan a week later. lol
I was denied by them over two years ago for a CC. At least twice a year I get offered a live preapproved check to cash. Doesn't make much sense to me.🤔
Oh and I received an offer for that 2% card not long ago, but I dare not waste the time applying. They send those fake pre-approved CC offers as well. lol
Message 9 of 29
NRB525
Super Contributor

I got the mailer as well.
Has anyone recently, or from this mailer prompt, apped SDFCU 2% ?
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.