Salle Mae Credit Cards

tag
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Re: Salle Mae Credit Cards

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:
It's too bad they discontinued their 5% gas grocery card was looking at one time in getting that card. These choices don't seem to be as nice

I miss that card so very much.

who doesn't was the best card on the market Smiley Sad.. RIP original SM card 

I had 2 of those puppies

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 41 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sallie Mae Evolve credit card

@blackfines1 wrote:

Just received this offer from sallie mae , via email , I'm not interested on applying for this card right now , maybe in 3 or 4 moths but i have a question for our credit expert
1- what's the data point for this card ( credit score , inq , bureau )
2-what's my chance of been approved ? it a marketing ? or target  offer?
3-what may be the spending limit?
Thanks

IMG_9512.jpg

I got the same invitation this morning and both I and DW applied.  After a few hours got the e-mail rejection for both of us stating "Too many bankcard accounts opened within the past 24 months."   DW has 9.  I have about 10.

Wonder what their cutoff is.

Message 42 of 55
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@blackfines1 wrote:

Just received this offer from sallie mae , via email , I'm not interested on applying for this card right now , maybe in 3 or 4 moths but i have a question for our credit expert
Thanks

IMG_9512.jpg

I got the same invitation this morning and both I and DW applied.  After a few hours got the e-mail rejection for both of us stating "Too many bankcard accounts opened within the past 24 months."   DW has 9.  I have about 10.

thanks for dp looks like this will be a pass

Message 43 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@blackfines1 wrote:

Thanks

IMG_9512.jpg

It should have been for me, too, but I gave in to temptation.  Mediocre rewards & an ?/24 policy, smells bad.  

Message 44 of 55
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@blackfines1 wrote:

Thanks

IMG_9512.jpg

It should have been for me, too, but I gave in to temptation.  Mediocre rewards & an ?/24 policy, smells bad.  

Smiley Very Happy

Message 45 of 55
ahmeyer
Valued Member

Yes, I did and have a 691 Experian and they said too many revolving accounts open (denied)

@awer43 wrote:
Did anyone else get an invitation to apply yet?? I did today.

Message 46 of 55
ahmeyer
Valued Member

Sallie Mae Credit Card

Applied for a Sallie Mae credit card with cash back to student loans.  Experian score is 721 and they denied the request (too many revolving accounts with balances).  I have 45% utilization right now on my other cards.  

Message 47 of 55
wantitgone
Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Credit Card

I applied for the Sallie Mae Evolve. I have a student loan through them, figured I probably wouldn't get it but *shrug* it's a good data point. I'm post-BK (dc'd in July '19) and apped on Jan 30th. Denied due to Bankruptcy, EX was 623. So not BK friendly.

FICO 8 on 5/31/19 ~~ EQ: 608, TU: 545, EX: 585
BK 7 DC 7/9/19
FICO 8 on 01/31/2023 ~~ EQ: 693, TU: 677, EX: 678

NFCU CLOC $1,000

Apple Card 4,500
Williams Sonoma $1,250
NFCU CashRewards $2,500
NFCU Flagship $12,100
Navy Federal Platinum $25,000
PenFed Pathfinder $12,500
Kemba CU Platinum $3,500
Amazon Store Card (Synchrony) $1500
Paypal Credit $850
Capital One QS $2,000
Capital One Spark $2,000
Overstock Store Card $2,150

AAoA: EQ - 7y9mo, TU - 7y8mo, EX - 5yr7mo (as of 01/31/2023); INQ are 2 EQ, 6 TU, and 5 EX.

New Auto Loan with NFCU (May 2022): 32k for 3.49%/60 months

My DPs: as of January 2023, I am full-time employed, 55k/year, 2 federal consolidated loans plus 3 new student loans, had perfect payment history with 0 derogs until 90 day lates prior to filing BK in March 2019.
Message 48 of 55
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@wantitgone wrote:

I applied for the Sallie Mae Evolve. I have a student loan through them, figured I probably wouldn't get it but *shrug* it's a good data point. I'm post-BK (dc'd in July '19) and apped on Jan 30th. Denied due to Bankruptcy, EX was 623. So not BK friendly.

Thanks for the DPs.   This will definitely help others. 

Yes, it appears they're fairly conservative since the re-launch.  

Message 49 of 55
JamP
Valued Contributor

After they screwed the original SM card, you couldn't get me to apply for any of their cards.

Horrible company, horrible credit cards, horrible customer service.

Good luck to anyone that gets their cards.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.