Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Salle Mae Credit Cards

tag
JamP
Valued Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Credit Card

Well they can't get anyone to apply for their cards or they are not approving anyone because they sent me a mailer for 2.5% for a year then back to 1.25%, 15 months 0% and their lowest APR 14.49%.

I want to pay off my school loans but I still don't think I will bite, maybe if it was 2.5% permanent.

250k+ CL and climbing.
Message 51 of 55
Wrigley2172
Frequent Contributor

Got a letter in the mail from dear ol Sallie

20200306_171004.jpg

Got a mailler for one of the Sallie Mae cards. Looks like this one has a sub rather than the website offering which has no mention of the 2.5% for 12 months. Not a bad deal honestly but not sure if ill take it. Just wanted to share

Affinity Cash Rewards: 15,000
Amex BCP: 30,000
Amex Platinum
BCU Cash Rewards: 18,000
Discover it: 14,700
TJX Mastercard: 2,500
Venmo: 10,000
>>23k student loan-payed off
Ficos 8's ~790
Inq: EX:1 EQ:1 TU:1
Message 52 of 55
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Re: Got a letter in the mail from dear ol Sallie

I think there are better options out there.  Maybe if that 2.5% were permanent. 

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 53 of 55
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@seattletravels wrote:

I think there are better options out there. Maybe if that 2.5% were permanent. 

I don't know, 2.5% for a year is a helluva arbitrage opportunity.  And then 0% for a while?

I have something like 20K worth of various payments which could be by CC in the next two months, that's 0% financed for a while and 300 free and clear and another 50ish in arbitrage napkin math style?  Plus the rest of the tax payment arbitrage for the rest of the year and all the rest of my crap which falls to default which there will be some since I'm hardly taking anything across the desert.

That's all before floating it on as big of a line as they'll give me which is probably the largest limiting factor, and redirecting all that money towards paying off the car note, and then getting my new mortgage down to 78% or whatever the line is for PMI to come off.

I should go check my mail.

        
Message 54 of 55
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

When you put it that way Smiley Wink

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.