Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sallie Mae Mastercard

tag
dapps06
Frequent Contributor

Re: Sallie Mae Mastercard

I've decided to hold off for now. I just got five new cards and getting this card as well definitely isn't a need. I love the 5 percent back at Amazon but I'm content with my 3 percent from my Amazon Rewards for now.

By July my reports will have only one remaining negative item, the charge off that's still haunting me will be gone by then. I'll be due for increases on all eight of my cards, and at this point I'll probably reconsider the SM card. In the garden I go for 8 solid months.

Message 21 of 117
zsepthenne
Regular Contributor

Sounds like a good plan. You'll be closer to when your 0% apr might end also on your new cards. And have chances of a higher limit, which is really what I want!
Beginning Scores 9/2013: EX 651, TU 639 Short term goals: Scores in the mid 700s 1/15 TU08 701| 4/2018 TU08 800!! |11/2019 TU 785
CapOne Quicksilver $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $6900 | Amex Everyday $15000 | Discover It $13000 | Cap One Walmart Mastercard $8000 | BofA Cash Rewards $3200 | CareCredit $7200 | Citibank Double Cash $10500 | Chase AARP $5500
Message 22 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to apply for this card yesterday after hearing good things about it on this forum.  I'm from Iowa and found out quickly I am not eligible.  They won't issue the card to Iowa residents.  I've never heard of such a thing.  I was bummed.

Message 23 of 117
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to apply for this card yesterday after hearing good things about it on this forum.  I'm from Iowa and found out quickly I am not eligible.  They won't issue the card to Iowa residents.  I've never heard of such a thing.  I was bummed.

wow, didn't know they had geographic restrictions. i hope i'm ok.

Message 24 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's...really strange. 

Message 25 of 117
barbaralee
Established Contributor

It has to do with Iowa's consumer laws. Just google "why are some credit cards not available to Iowa residents". 

Message 26 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@barbaralee wrote:

It has to do with Iowa's consumer laws. Just google "why are some credit cards not available to Iowa residents". 

Thanks for the info! Had no idea.

Message 27 of 117
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@sosabe77 wrote:

I have no idea but this has become one of my favorite cards.  You can't beat 5% back on groceries, gas, and Amazon (even with the caps).

Get two and double the caps if the caps are an issue.

I recall someone saying they had two Huntington Voice cards too.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 28 of 117
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

This is the next card I will be apping for probably in Feb or March of next year.  If I'm approved I will be saying goodbye to both Discover and possibly Amex.

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 29 of 117
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@dabrian wrote:

This is the next card I will be apping for probably in Feb or March of next year.  If I'm approved I will be saying goodbye to both Discover and possibly Amex.

Oh? The 5% rotating category cards can be useful on occasion. I wouldn't mind having more of those types of cards...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 30 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.