cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Savor sub changed- when?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Senior Contributor

Savor sub changed- when?

I couldn't find through search here about Cap1 changing the sub.  I squeaked in for the $500 but I believe it changed sometime around mid-April?  Anyone aware or is this old news now?

"MY TAKE HOME PAY DON'T TAKE ME HOME"
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Contributor

Re: Savor sub changed- when?

I noticed it yesterday. Had a friend interested in the Savor. Looks like $300 after $3000 spend. The $500 is gone. And I cant find what network the card will be. MC/Visa Sig/WEMC. Says: "Some of the above benefits are provided by Visa® or Mastercard® and may vary by product. See your respective Guide to Benefits for details, as terms and exclusions apply." So its a toss up now on that too I guess. Savor one network, Savor1 another? Smiley Tongue

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 2 of 7
Senior Contributor

@FireMedic1 

Yeah, I was telling my friend how surprised I was to log on to pay my bill and I had $500.  She wanted to correct me on that.

"MY TAKE HOME PAY DON'T TAKE ME HOME"
Message 3 of 7
Super Contributor

I am sad that I didn’t PC when Savor first came out, to get what turned out to be a no-AF 4% card, but glad I snagged the $500 offer earlier.
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
Message 4 of 7
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Someone mentioned the SUB change here a few weeks ago. I don't recall the circumstances that caused it to come up.

The other thing that's changed is that the card now has a 2k minimum credit limit vs. the previous 5k.

Message 5 of 7
Super Contributor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

Someone mentioned the SUB change here a few weeks ago. I don't recall the circumstances that caused it to come up.

The other thing that's changed is that the card now has a 2k minimum credit limit vs. the previous 5k.

The regular Savor does now @HeavenOhio ? $2000 for $95 a yr? Oh .....no! Glad I snagged it when it came out. Whew!

My posts are JMHO. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just sharing my experiences after learning here from rebuild to recovery after BK DC at 540's. And to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game. Pay it Forward!
Message 6 of 7
Senior Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:
I am sad that I didn’t PC when Savor first came out, to get what turned out to be a no-AF 4% card, but glad I snagged the $500 offer earlier.

It was my first card from Cap 1 so I couldn't have PCed...but with no plan to close CSR, the additional cash back from the increased SUB was more than I would have likely earned in the grandfathered card's lifetime.

I don't think it changed all at once. When I applied in Feb it was $500 everywhere. Then around April/May it was $300 or $500 depending on the person and browser. Some referrals links stayed at $500 for a few weeks.

Spend: BofA Premium, BBP, Schwab Platinum, Freedom x 2, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Marriott Brilliant, Delta Platinum
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC, ED
Downgrading in 2020: BCP, Savor
May eventually add: 100k Platinum (for a year, then PC to Gold), BofA Cash Rewards, Virgin Atlantic.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.