Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SavorOne Rewards for Students

tag
Boribori
Contributor

SavorOne Rewards for Students

Haven't read much on anyone getting this card so I figured I'd bring it to light here. I am currently admitted and waiting to enroll into some classes in the spring so I've thought about getting this card. Currently I have a cap one Quicksilver (no AF) that I PC'd from the platinum back in june. I opened the account in march of 2021. I also opened a cap one auto loan back in May. I did screw up my credit back in 2019 so I've been on the grind to fix it. I have an opensky account that has been open since may 2020. I did the pre qualification and it said I was prequalifed for the secured, platinum and QS1. They are all considered fair/rebuilding according to cap one. The SavorOne for students is considered "fair" as well. What are my chances of getting it? 

Total Credit Limit : $29,600
4 REPLIES 4
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: SavorOne Rewards for Students

@Boribori wrote:

Haven't read much on anyone getting this card so I figured I'd bring it to light here. I am currently admitted and waiting to enroll into some classes in the spring so I've thought about getting this card. Currently I have a cap one Quicksilver (no AF) that I PC'd from the platinum back in june. I opened the account in march of 2021. I also opened a cap one auto loan back in May. I did screw up my credit back in 2019 so I've been on the grind to fix it. I have an opensky account that has been open since may 2020. I did the pre qualification and it said I was prequalifed for the secured, platinum and QS1. They are all considered fair/rebuilding according to cap one. The SavorOne for students is considered "fair" as well. What are my chances of getting it? 

I just want to clarify, were are you doing the pre-qualification from? Capital One's website directly? Credit Karma? Experian? Etc?

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Boribori wrote:

2019 in credit years is one hour ago, so what happened to your credit?

There is a big difference between a few lates and a few charge offs. 

While Cap One will approve starter cards for most and while they aren't averse to approving after BK (that's part of their business model), student cards do not follow that same pattern. 

In order to be able to guess, you'd need to elaborate more on the negatives. 

Message 3 of 5
Boribori
Contributor

I have about 5 charge offs. All settled except one. Few collections. 

Total Credit Limit : $29,600
Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Since OP has been approved, this thread is closed for additional messages. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.