Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sears Card Converting to Shop Your Way Mastercard

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sears Card Converting to Shop Your Way Mastercard

Mine's still under the TYP program so no conversion that I'm aware of...and hoping it stays that way for as long as the Sears MC stays alive since the SYW points aren't as viable.
Message 11 of 22
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Never knew you had an option.. i signed up for shop your way points awhile ago but i also have thank you points.... how do you change your rewards set? I guess too late for me now but still good to know!

Call customer service and tell them that you want to change your rewards program for the card over to Thank You Points. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Considering certain factors about the Company, I suspect that the "Sears" logo will be removed or changed at some point anyway. So this just might be a precursor to that, until they settle on a new company logo for the card. Legally, I don't believe the Sears name can be used any longer. Though I don't know the exact specifics. 

People can either choose to ride out this process, or perhaps call in and switch to TYP system. Personally I feel that it will eventually go there at some point in the future.

Message 13 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sears went bk but there are stores still open which i assume the Credit Cards still say Sears.
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but the "Company" that bought them out of BK is different. All the Employees recently had to sign new arbitration agreements with that new Company, if they wanted to continue working that is. So i suspect more entity changes are in store. They never went through all this with the last BK.

Not to mention the state of affairs those individual stores are in, they may not have much a future despite being saved short term. 

Message 15 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Considering certain factors about the Company, I suspect that the "Sears" logo will be removed or changed at some point anyway. So this just might be a precursor to that, until they settle on a new company logo for the card. Legally, I don't believe the Sears name can be used any longer. Though I don't know the exact specifics. 

People can either choose to ride out this process, or perhaps call in and switch to TYP system. Personally I feel that it will eventually go there at some point in the future.

I think (???) they took the Sears name off of the Sears MasterCard a while back, at least on the front.

It's possible they might have restored it, though (I'll defer to others who have the card).

Citi-Sears-Mastercard.png

Message 16 of 22
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB, mine was converted to the Sears MC , with Sears logo, after that change to Shop Your Way change. Go figureSmiley Wink i too changed to TYP as recommended hereSmiley Happy
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I decided to call... turns out all Sears MasterCards will convert to the Shop Your Way Mastercard. Does not impact storecard holders. Rep claims the thank you point will remain the same. Its just the card thats changed...
Message 18 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@UncleB, mine was converted to the Sears MC , with Sears logo, after that change to Shop Your Way change. Go figureSmiley Wink i too changed to TYP as recommended hereSmiley Happy

Haha... that's why I always try to defer to people who actually have the product!  Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the data point... I guess there's no rhyme or reason to the design these days, but it appears if (when?) they do decide to remove the Sears name from the card design across-the-board it won't be a major shift.

Message 19 of 22
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I think (???) they took the Sears name off of the Sears MasterCard a while back, at least on the front.

It's possible they might have restored it, though (I'll defer to others who have the card).

Citi-Sears-Mastercard.png

I just got my card in January and it came like this:

sears.jpg

As soon as I got the card I called in and changed it to Thank You Points. DoC now has a post on this, but pretty much just says "some folks are getting the conversion notice".

EDIT: Oh wait I remember now, it did come as that black SYW card, when I called in & changed to Thank You Points they sent a new card as above, same account # & expiration, just no more SYW. They can change it to a Thank You card or whatever, I haven't been inside a Sears in at least 10 years.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.