Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shop Discover

tag
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Shop Discover

How does ShopDiscover work this quarter ?

If I use ShopDiscover to buy say $1000 T4i camera from bestbuy.com I get 5% from shop +5% from discover (any online purchase) for total of  10% and double warranty ?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

Re: Shop Discover

@DeadSpider wrote:

How does ShopDiscover work this quarter ?

If I use ShopDiscover to buy say $1000 T4i camera from bestbuy.com I get 5% from shop +5% from discover (any online purchase) for total of  10% and double warranty ?

Yes, and if you do it on October 6th, it becomes 12%.

Message 2 of 9
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

I was going to wait for Black Friday sales but what's on Oct 6th ?

Message 3 of 9
happyhome40
New Contributor

Also, if you signed up for the extra 2% for October 6th, you'll end up with actually 12% in all. I spoke to a supervisor last week and she said that all the purchases made on October 6th are not included in the total 1500 for the category, it's just a free day to spend however you like.

HTH

HH40

Message 4 of 9
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the 2% I don't see it so I'll have to call to activate it.

Anyways I think I'll wait for BlackFriday sale I'm sure I'll be saving more than 2% on my camera ordering from Amazon vs paying BestBut sales tax I'll come ahead.

I know my Cap1 and Amex do double warranty I'm not sure about Discover More ?

Bestbuy.com ShopDiscover   $849.99 + $8.25% TAX - 12% = $809

Amazon $849.99 - 5% = $807 no tax (not yet)

Amazon $849.99 - 7% =  $790 no tax (not yet)

I'll wait for a sale i'm sure i can beat the $790 mark before 5% off goes away.

Message 5 of 9
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@DeadSpider wrote:

I was going to wait for Black Friday sales but what's on Oct 6th ?

Go into your account through "Account Profile." Keep moving down and you'll see all the cash back offers. You should be able to sign up for it there.

Message 6 of 9
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@happyhome40 wrote:

Also, if you signed up for the extra 2% for October 6th, you'll end up with actually 12% in all. I spoke to a supervisor last week and she said that all the purchases made on October 6th are not included in the total 1500 for the category, it's just a free day to spend however you like.

HTH

HH40

How can it not be included in the online category if they are giving you the 5% online discount?

Message 7 of 9
happyhome40
New Contributor

Don't know but that's what the supervisor told me. She said the 6th is pretty much a free spend day and totals from the 6th isn't calculated into the 1500 limit for the category.

Message 8 of 9
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Cool. I just got a card in the mail today saying all my October discover spending will get 2% cash back. No minimums, no maximums. Separate from 5%. Might be enough to tempt me to start using it (I've only used it for a single, large purchase to take advantage of the 15 months no interest).

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.