Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I wait to apply?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I wait to apply?

I want to apply for the Chase freedom card sometime this week. I would do it now, but I'm waiting for my credit limit increase from a different card to be reported (card reports on the 15th). How long after the 15th should I wait to apply? I'm hoping that Chase sees the higher limit on my other card and offers me a higher starting limit.. Sorry if this post is confusing.

edit: I do not bank with Chase, but I already have the freedom unlimited. I have only had it for about 3 months. When I was approved for it my credit score was at 660, and now it is 700 with Experian. Also my total available credit has doubled since my CFU application..I don't see any prequalified offers in my chase portal.

5 REPLIES 5
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Should I wait to apply?

@Anonymous wrote:

I want to apply for the Chase freedom card sometime this week. I would do it now, but I'm waiting for my credit limit increase from a different card to be reported (card reports on the 15th). How long after the 15th should I wait to apply? I'm hoping that Chase sees the higher limit on my other card and offers me a higher starting limit.. Sorry if this post is confusing.

@Anonymous  Can you give us more data about your profile so members can properly advise course of action?

Do you bank with Chase? If yes, have you considered going in branch and speaking with a banker and see if you have any prequals instead of cold application?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your message, I edited my original post 🙏

Message 3 of 6
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the additional data. Me being on the conservative side, if you have no urgent need for new credit or there is no prequal on your online portal or no prequal in branch, I would recommend waiting.

Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the additional data. Me being on the conservative side, if you have no urgent need for new credit or there is no prequal on your online portal or no prequal in branch, I would recommend waiting.

+1

Message 5 of 6
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

The conservative part of me also recommends waiting at least 3 more months or until a prequal shows up. Three months isn't a whole lot of time in between Chase apps. Have you applied for anything else in recent months?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.