Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So if I did apply for a 2nd amex....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I did apply for a 2nd amex....

Would I sign into my account first, and then browse cards/apply?

Use the prequal site and apply (shows a better offer than the "browse cards" method

Vpn/Incognito for best bonus? 

Not saying I am applying, but if I were to....what's the best method?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So if I did apply for a 2nd amex....

Any ideas?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most people browse incognito for possible bigger bonuses but it doesn't affect your chance of approval. Not sure what you're asking exactly sorry
Message 3 of 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Simply put, I would check all avenues and apply for the one that provided the best sign up bonus.

If I found the best bonus offer was the same as the offer I got while logged in, I would apply while logged in since the application is slightly simpler that way and there's less chance they would need you to call for verification.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Simply put, I would check all avenues and apply for the one that provided the best sign up bonus.

If I found the best bonus offer was the same as the offer I got while logged in, I would apply while logged in since the application is slightly simpler that way and there's less chance they would need you to call for verification.

This.

Also, unless urgently need the card, I'd also compare whatever offer you pulled up with the 'best sign up offer of all time' due to 'once in a lifetime' rule and then make a decision of apply or wait based on that.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

This.

Also, unless urgently need the card, I'd also compare whatever offer you pulled up with the 'best sign up offer of all time' due to 'once in a lifetime' rule and then make a decision of apply or wait based on that.

Great point here! 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.