cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So is Capital One Quicksilver Visa or Mastercard?

tag
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

So is Capital One Quicksilver Visa or Mastercard?

There's no logo when I go on the application page and when I read as I scroll down, it says "Visa or Mastercard benefits."

I'm asking because I'd like to fund my BBVA and for credit BBVA only takes Visa. It'll be an easy and quick sign up bonus if it's a Visa. Otherwise, I'll probably just use my PenFed Power Cash Rewards.

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
203bravo
Established Contributor

Re: So is Capital One Quicksilver Visa or Mastercard?

Look at the acutal card number --- if the very 1st number is a 4 then it's a visa.. if it's a 5 then mastercard.

Message 2 of 41
MoneyBurns
Frequent Contributor

That's interesting - I need to know which it is before I apply!!! Smiley Happy

*checks his cards*

And you are absolutely right.

My Current Active Credit Cards
Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

It can be either. Both of my capital one quicksilvers are Mastercards that were originally platinum Mastercard. The logo for mastercard is on the back of my quicksilvers as well as the number.

Message 4 of 41
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@MoneyBurns wrote:

There's no logo when I go on the application page and when I read as I scroll down, it says "Visa or Mastercard benefits."

I'm asking because I'd like to fund my BBVA and for credit BBVA only takes Visa. It'll be an easy and quick sign up bonus if it's a Visa. Otherwise, I'll probably just use my PenFed Power Cash Rewards.

@MoneyBurns Depending on the card it could be either. Furthermore, Cap1 frequently switches their products back and forth from network to network. It is actually supposed to say on the top of the application page. Which card are you rerring to? I can make it easier on you and provide you with the cards that they are currently issuing as Visa: Venture, VentureOne, Journey, Spark Cash, Spark Cash Select, and Spark Classic. All other Cap1 products are currently being issued as MC. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 5 of 41
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

Mine is a Mastercard. I am not aware if it is issued as a Visa.

Message 6 of 41
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Also, I apologize as I did not see the "Quicksilver" in your title, I only read the Capital One part. The QS changed from Visa to MC beginning in early 2020. Cap1 flip flopped both the QS and the Journey at that time. 

TCL $199,800
Message 7 of 41
Horseshoez
Senior Contributor

At this point, all Quicksilver cards are issued as a MasterCard, the lower tier cards are MasterCard Elite, and the upper tier cards are MasterCard World Elite.

I categorically refuse to do AZEO!
Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Trick question lol.     Cap 1 is one of my oldest creditors and I have both.  I think the confusion is that Quicksilver is the not the same as Quicksilver One.       I want to say at first I had a fee on my first quicksilver one card.   After a year with the card my credit was recovering and I was not going to pay them a fee.   I called them up and asked for a product change to quicksilver.  They said they could not do a PC but would change my account to no fee and I want to say that is when it changed to a Master Card World card.    The regular quicksilver has now aged to a Visa Signature card.    I am going back years at this point and I want to say that the quicksilver one expires in June so I should be getting a new card soon so things might be changing...      I should hit them up online and ask for a PC to Master Card World Elite because why not lol....  YMMV 

Message 9 of 41
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Trick question lol.     Cap 1 is one of my oldest creditors and I have both.  I think the confusion is that Quicksilver is the not the same as Quicksilver One.       I want to say at first I had a fee on my first quicksilver one card.   After a year with the card my credit was recovering and I was not going to pay them a fee.   I called them up and asked for a product change to quicksilver.  They said they could not do a PC but would change my account to no fee and I want to say that is when it changed to a Master Card World card.    The regular quicksilver has now aged to a Visa Signature card.    I am going back years at this point and I want to say that the quicksilver one expires in June so I should be getting a new card soon so things might be changing...      I should hit them up online and ask for a PC to Master Card World Elite because why not lol....  YMMV 

They have gone back and forth throughout the years. Previous to Feb. '20, the QS was issued as a Visa if your SL was<$5,000, or a Visa Signature if your SL was>$5,000. Now all QS cards seem to be issued as a WEMC regardless of SL. QS1 is, and always has been issued as a platinum MC. 

TCL $199,800
Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.